Facebook update

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Looks decent so far. I will reserve judgment until I've used it more, because the FB interface often finds a way to irritate me ...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just tried it on my Asus Transformer TF300. Doesn't look any different in tablet format, which is to say that it still doesn't look good.

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am in the FB beta channel, so I have been using the new version for a few weeks now. I hate it. So, so much.

First of all, it looks like iOS 7, not Android and not something uniquely Facebook. I'm OK with apps not following Android design guidlines if it is because they want to have their own style. I'm not okay with it when the reason is they are simply giving us their iOS design. If I wanted to look at iOS apps, I'd have bought an iPhone.

Second, I hate how Facebook sorts the news feed. I don't care what Facebook thinks I want to see. They are wrong 90% of the time. All I want to see is a nice, chronological list of what my friends have posted. Now that is a pain to get to.

I had been using Facebook less and less before the update. I onlyuse Facebook on my phone, never on my computer, and now I hate their app even more than I did before. After living with this update for nearly a month, I'm pretty much ready to delete my Facebook account.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I am in the FB beta channel, so I have been using the new version for a few weeks now. I hate it. So, so much.

First of all, it looks like iOS 7, not Android and not something uniquely Facebook. I'm OK with apps not following Android design guidlines if it is because they want to have their own style. I'm not okay with it when the reason is they are simply giving us their iOS design. If I wanted to look at iOS apps, I'd have bought an iPhone.

Second, I hate how Facebook sorts the news feed. I don't care what Facebook thinks I want to see. They are wrong 90% of the time. All I want to see is a nice, chronological list of what my friends have posted. Now that is a pain to get to.

I had been using Facebook less and less before the update. I onlyuse Facebook on my phone, never on my computer, and now I hate their app even more than I did before. After living with this update for nearly a month, I'm pretty much ready to delete my Facebook account.

My Sentiments exactly, its just been forced upon me and i have only been using it for 15mins and i hate it, looks like i will be deleting my facebook account.

Posted via Android Central App

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I removed the app from my phone and I only access Facebook from my browser on my tablet. But that brings the question
... is there a social media app out there that can replace Facebook and is NOT google+ ?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I removed the app from my phone and I only access Facebook from my browser on my tablet. But that brings the question
... is there a social media app out there that can replace Facebook and is NOT google+ ?

That really depends on what you use Facebook for.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
In that case, it really depends on your friends? Are they on Instagram or Pintrest?

no clue, I should ask them. To be honest I'm kind of a creaky dinosaur when it comes to this stuff, lol. Do you prefer one over the other? Is one better than the other? What's the difference?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
no clue, I should ask them. To be honest I'm kind of a creaky dinosaur when it comes to this stuff, lol. Do you prefer one over the other? Is one better than the other? What's the difference?

I don't actually use either of them, I use Google+. Instagram is good for sharing pictures. It is owned by Facebook, but it's totally geared towards photos.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Nobody really loves Facebook, but it's where people are. A social network isn't much use if the people you want to socialize with aren't there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2