Hangouts MMS/group messaging stopped working

vtotheinay

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am on Sprint with my HTC one m7 (obviously cause im in this forum haha) but I have been using hangouts with no problems for a few months now with no problems. Just yesterday, my MMS and group messages stopped working. I didn't chang any settings or update to 2.1 before the problems happened. All my group texts come in that individuals text thread now saying "tap to download MMS" and they wont load no matter what. My data is always on so it can't be that. Like I said, group text and MMS messages were working 100% fine until yesterday. I updated hangouts to 2.1 today, but that didn't fix anything either. If anyone else had this happen to them and can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I had the same thing happen to me today. I was in a group chat and every text came back with the "tap to download MMS" message. I was, however, able to receive them without a problem. Try clearing the cache.

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/