Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  • 1 Post By Kelly Burby
  • 1 Post By snowpiercer
  • 1 Post By Kelly Burby
  • 1 Post By Vsweety
  • 1 Post By vdubbmax
  • 1 Post By snowpiercer
  • 2 Post By Kelly Burby
  • 1 Post By thenanobyte
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Using Skype on Android

I have installed Skype on my Android phone and am using it to make International calls, but I dont think it is the best VoIP service out there for Android.Although the rates are cheap compared to those of traditional PSTN or GSM calls Skype does not offer good network optimization and a lot of mega bytes are used up for my "free" calls.Is there any other alternative app on Google Play which optimizes network and has better unit call rates?

Global Posts
    3,773 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Default Re: Using Skype on Android

Have you tried Viber?

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

Thanked by:
    digifly likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digifly View Post
    I have installed Skype on my Android phone and am using it to make International calls, but I don’t think it is the best VoIP service out there for Android.Although the rates are cheap compared to those of traditional PSTN or GSM calls Skype does not offer good network optimization and a lot of mega bytes are used up for my "free" calls.Is there any other alternative app on Google Play which optimizes network and has better unit call rates?
    Well, i don't any is better than skype, you can try using viber but I don't thing it will give you enough attractiveness than the Skye !!
    Thanked by:
    digifly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, i don't any is better than skype, you can try using viber but I don't thing it will give you enough attractiveness than the Skye !!
    Well Skype doesn't integrate well with Android devices. I agree network optimization is an issue which most of the apps fail to address. I use this relatively new app called Global Call to make calls to my family in Philippines and Japan.It was the cheap rates which initially made me opt for it but the surprisingly good call quality has got me hooked to this app.I also noticed it consumes less MBs for my calls. Why don't you give it a try?
    Thanked by:
    digifly likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snowpiercer View Post
    Well Skype doesn't integrate well with Android devices. I agree network optimization is an issue which most of the apps fail to address. I use this relatively new app called Global Call to make calls to my family in Philippines and Japan.It was the cheap rates which initially made me opt for it but the surprisingly good call quality has got me hooked to this app.I also noticed it consumes less MBs for my calls. Why don't you give it a try?
    Well, Sure I am going to try it out right away !!
    digifly likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Have you tried Viber?
    +1 for Viber for VoIP and video calling.
    digifly likes this.

Skype have a issue with android. So I just switch to Viber, Tango, Line and Talktray for free calling.
    digifly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, Sure I am going to try it out right away !!
    btw they are having a promotion event this month .I just saved $30 on my phone calls .Check this link www.globalcall-1plus1.com
    Thanked by:
    digifly likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

btw they are having a promotion event this month .I just saved $30 on my phone calls .Check this link www.globalcall-1plus1.com
    Aww thanks for sharing the information with us.
    digifly and snowpiercer like this.

holy ****. so if i buy 50 dollars i get 100 dollars in credits? Where were you when i needed this damn promotion snowpiercer. I been using this app for a minute and didnt know about this. Anyways, thanks for the share.
    digifly likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Hey Thanks a lot .I just downloaded Global Call from Google Play and got my credit doubled after registering for the promotion.Placed my first call to Vietnam .There weren't many glitches and the sound quality was pretty decent.

You’re welcome guys. I keep notifications on for their Facebook page to make sure I don’t miss out on any of the Global call promotional events. That’s how I came across this event.

Hello everyone !! Dropped by to say if you have any Japanese friends there is an exclusive promotion for Japanese and Taiwan coupon users .Just got an update yesterday.Here is the link to the Global Call event page http://www.globalcallevent.com/pizza...n/pizza_w.html