Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By mhans311
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Android iPod equivalent

I listen to music on my commute to college every day and I am tired of playing music with it eating up my battery life. My Moto X and Razr M are guilty of this. So I ask you AC members, is there an Android device with:

-Removable Storage option so I can transfer my music over painlessly

-LOOOONNNGG Battery Life, so I don`t have to worry about it dying while I`m out or being dead before the day is over.

I would get an iPod off of Glyde, but it does not have a micro SD card slot. I even thought of getting a tablet, but tablets are bulky and not portable enough to slide in a pocket. Any help is appreciated.

Global Posts
    3,451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Default Re: Android iPod equivalent

Is microSD really that important? I mean either you plug the card into a slot on your PC or connect the MP3 player via USB; in both cases you just drag and drop files.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    Is microSD really that important? I mean either you plug the card into a slot on your PC or connect the MP3 player via USB; in both cases you just drag and drop files.
    I never connect my devices to a computer for music. I download music to my device and move it over with the built in file manager to the micro SD card. A micro SD is that important. It helps even more if I need to factory reset or move over to another device.

Global Posts
    3,451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Ok, not what I do so wasn't understanding why the microSD card was needed.

Looks like there are slim pickings online for Android MP3 players with a microSD slot. Might just see if you can pick up something like a Samsung GS3 and use that as an MP3 player. There are lots of just plain MP3 players with microSD slots.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

My note 2 is best battery I ever had on a phone. Nexus are ok battery life. Or get an extended battery for your current phones.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    My note 2 is best battery I ever had on a phone. Nexus are ok battery life. Or get an extended battery for your current phones.

Posted via Android Central App
    Moto X and Droid Razr M are both imbedded batteries. I want to get a separate device just for music.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I listen to music on my commute to college every day and I am tired of playing music with it eating up my battery life. My Moto X and Razr M are guilty of this. So I ask you AC members, is there an Android device with:

-Removable Storage option so I can transfer my music over painlessly

-LOOOONNNGG Battery Life, so I don`t have to worry about it dying while I`m out or being dead before the day is over.

I would get an iPod off of Glyde, but it does not have a micro SD card slot. I even thought of getting a tablet, but tablets are bulky and not portable enough to slide in a pocket. Any help is appreciated.
    Forget hardware storage. Get a cloud. Start with 50 GB end-to-end encrypted storage space for free from Mega!
    Never lose or forget your storage again.

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

You can look into getting a Samsung Galaxy Player...they are now discontinued but you can still find them on Amazon, ebay ect.

Note 3 has a really good battery plus has power saver/

all day music YAY!!
    My History of Phones.
    2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
    2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
    2014 - Google Nexus 5

Does it need to be an Android media player? Why not just get a straight MP3 player like one of the Sansa players, which typically are very small and lightweight, and have great battery life? My wife has a Clip Zip, which has a microSD slot. I use an old Zune HD which has great sound quality, but no SD slot. I like having a separate MP3 player for exactly your reason--I don't want to burn up my phone battery while listening to music. I also don't like having my phone with me when I work out in the gym.
    mcm180 likes this.

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Does it need to be an Android media player? Why not just get a straight MP3 player like one of the Sansa players, which typically are very small and lightweight, and have great battery life? My wife has a Clip Zip, which has a microSD slot. I use an old Zune HD which has great sound quality, but no SD slot. I like having a separate MP3 player for exactly your reason--I don't want to burn up my phone battery while listening to music. I also don't like having my phone with me when I work out in the gym.
    +1. If all you want it for is music then just get a dedicated mp3 player. Many have SD card slots and the battery life is usually pretty awesome. Around 25-30 hours.
    B. Diddy likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    Forget hardware storage. Get a cloud. Start with 50 GB end-to-end encrypted storage space for free from Mega!
    Never lose or forget your storage again.
    No.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

I'd honestly just go for a iPod classic or something. Or if you want to venture outside of android, a lumia 520
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by mhans311 View Post
    +1. If all you want it for is music then just get a dedicated mp3 player. Many have SD card slots and the battery life is usually pretty awesome. Around 25-30 hours.
    Suggestions then for an MP3 player?

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Suggestions then for an MP3 player?

Already mentioned the Sansa Clip Zip above. Check out the rest of Sansa's line as well.
    Thanked by:
    mcm180