Did anyone have the first Android phone?

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was waiting in a 4 person line in the busiest T-mobile store in Austin to get this one. It wasn't that big a deal to everyone but I made good friends with three of the four people there and actually developed a couple apps with two of them.

LightaDroid

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Its just cool seeing how far android has gotten in the last 6 years..
its just cool to me because i was with iPhone so i didn't care about android much

Plummerdc88

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I loved the slide out keyboard or should I say flip out. Horizontal slide out keyboards were in still in style sort of. Anyways it's fun to play with now seeing how far we've come

Sent from my SGH-I317M using AC Forums mobile app

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, we really need to thank the iPhone in this sense for giving everyone else a base model to work off of. Because that looks (edit by Moderator) horrible.lol, but maybe it was good? I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, we really need to thank the iPhone in this sense for giving everyone else a base model to work off of. Because that looks (edit by Moderator) horrible.lol, but maybe it was good? I don't know.
That was and is amongst the best Android phones. I miss when HTC used to innovate.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Remember the guidelines
Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

Plummerdc88

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Yeah it certainly doesn't compare to the quality of device that we have now. But the keyboard mechanism was pretty awesome. It was like a sideways flip slide out thing, incredibly steardy keyboard. And it had a track ball :) but yes I agree. Certainly doesn't stack up to what we have now.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using AC Forums mobile app

JoeyyNY

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Damn I loved this phone it even survived a deep drop in a puddle outside on a rainy day

Sent from my Brand New Galaxy S5

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That device brings back a lot of memories with the early days of Android and the custom ROM community. I had the HTC Hero on Sprint and it too was a nice little device with a trackball.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My first Smartphone or Dumb as it lagged like hell and almost well infact useless, but was good at the time i suppose lol. The Lg snap or cookie or pop whatever cant remember the actual name lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1398806134333.jpg
    1398806134333.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 1398806152193.jpg
    1398806152193.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 17