Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By _X_
  • 1 Post By kigmatzomat
  • 1 Post By Evilguppy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 plus Tablet Combo feedback

Looking for some advice from users who have both the Note 2 (or a device comparable in size) as well as a tablet. I currently rock the Samsung Note 2 and I am loving it. Originally I thought the Note would be a one device solution and would eliminate my need for a tablet. I have been thinking about picking up the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 but don't know if I will actually use it because I already have a device that is not much smaller. I had the iPad one originally and didn't like the size of it, so I don't know if I will like the 10.1 version of the Galaxy Tab.

Any one out there own a phablet device and a tablet? Do you find that the Tablet is useful or does the size of your phone make due for your uses?

I am loving the note but sometimes I miss that little bit of extra screen you get from a tablet. I would mostly use it for reading and movies when I am on the road.

Anyways what do you think? Is it worth the investment or does the Note do everything you need it to? Any feedback is great

Thanks in advance
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts

Default Re: Note 2 plus Tablet Combo feedback

I'd say no point. You basically have and Android tablet. If you need a tablet with your phone, buy a bay trail windows tablet.
    Thanked by:

I have the Note 3, 8 and 10.1-2014. The 8 and 10.1 are used for different functions.

Sent via my Note 8
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
    Thanked by:
    _X_

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

I do a lot of reading. I use to carry a 4" screen phone and a 7" tablet(eInk before that ) . The tablet fit in the back pocket of my pants.

Once I bought my note I quit carrying my tablet. The extra screen size is canceled by the superior screen size and convenience.
    Thanked by:
    Plummerdc88 likes this.

I have a Note2, a rooted Nook Color, a 10" Android tablet (repurposed HP touchpad) and a notebook. The Nook color hasn't been booted in months. It's a bit too big to fit in pockets comfortably and doesn't have enough extra screen real estate to justify hauling it around.

I use the 10" tablet all the time as my primary home web browser. The notebook gets fired up when I want to do a lot of typing. The Note is my daily multitool, big enough to do most everything.

I'd say if you want a tablet, get at least an 8" tablet which is twice as big as a note2, though I'd consider getting something larger. I personally like a 10" tablet in a 4:3 ratio since that comes out being close to 8.5x11" form factor and isn't as ungainly in portrait mode.
    Thanked by:
    Plummerdc88 likes this.

I have a Note 3 and a Note Pro.
    I prefer the Note 3 when I'm in cramped quarters but I love the Note Pro's screen real estate. I carry both pretty much everywhere I go, I can use both for everything, my choice only depends on what situation I'm in. So if I'm sitting comfortably and getting my hair done, I'll pull out the Note Pro to write emails and invoices, message someone, surf the net etc. But if I'm underneath a house taking pictures of faulty plumbing and taking notes on a potential job for my husband, the Note 3 is easier to handle. In the car, Note Pro. On a crowded bus, Note 3. It really all depends on where I am and what I need to do. I love both, though.
    Thanked by:
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thank you everyone for your feedback!