Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about a Verizon account

Let me start by saying I have a crappy Verizon Razzle phone that my sister got me 4 years ago and added me to her account as a family member under I assume an old plan. I pay her $13 a month and we share minutes and have unlimited texting and NO data plan. My question is, if I bought an out of contract used/refurb/new Verizon based Samsung Galaxy S3 or newer and had her call Verizon and have her deactivate the Razzle and activate the Galaxy under the old plan without major fees or changes to the account? I really don't need wireless data 4g and just want phone and text. For data I will use home wifi. Thanks for any help!
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,738 Global Posts

Default Re: Question about a Verizon account

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
    Let me start by saying I have a crappy Verizon Razzle phone that my sister got me 4 years ago and added me to her account as a family member under I assume an old plan. I pay her $13 a month and we share minutes and have unlimited texting and NO data plan. My question is, if I bought an out of contract used/refurb/new Verizon based Samsung Galaxy S3 or newer and had her call Verizon and have her deactivate the Razzle and activate the Galaxy under the old plan without major fees or changes to the account? I really don't need wireless data 4g and just want phone and text. For data I will use home wifi. Thanks for any help!
    You would have to add a data plan to that line.
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Welcome to Android Central. Certain phones (smartphones) you must have a data plan reguardless if you use data or not.....ENJOY
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Darn... does anyone know what the cheapest data package they offer? So if I got a no contract phone it shouldn't add to her bill other than the data package addition and maybe an activation fee for the phone?

I think Verizon offerd a $45 dollar plan (Unlimited Text&Talk with 1gb of data)...I think?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I think Verizon offerd a $45 dollar plan (Unlimited Text&Talk with 1gb of data)...I think?
    Hmmm sounds like I'd be better off finding someone with the Sprint Framily plan to let me in at $25.