You may have read the recent new about Android-based laptops from HP. If not, here the link: HP said to ready Android laptop, following Chromebook push - CNET

So, how's that idea to you? Personally I'm not sure why we need a laptop on Android if you can have a tablet and attach a keyboard. However, this raises the probability that such laptops will kill Chromebooks. Or, at least, it'll lead to an interesting competition on a market.
    04-29-2014 04:39 AM
    PC makers are desperate. They are just throwing everything at the wall they can think of selling. Now that everyone doesn't need a Windows PC their sales are going to keep falling.
    04-29-2014 09:40 AM
    I can't say that tablet can completely replace laptops. Certainly Android is great, but it's more a habit to use Windows with multitasking, usual soft etc.
    What I actually don't understand is why we at all need a laptop based on Android when you can have a tablet with detachable keyboard (which HP released previously)? I can understand that the idea appeared in response to chromebooks, but what the hell!?
    04-30-2014 03:52 AM
    I can't say that tablet can completely replace laptops. Certainly Android is great, but it's more a habit to use Windows with multitasking, usual soft etc.
    What I actually don't understand is why we at all need a laptop based on Android when you can have a tablet with detachable keyboard (which HP released previously)? I can understand that the idea appeared in response to chromebooks, but what the hell!?
    Something different that might sell and pick up another % of customers.
    I'm pretty sure there is a huge group that would love a laptop running Android OS.

**** I might be one of them lol
    04-30-2014 05:18 PM
    So it's an Asus Transformer that doesn't separate. How is this a surprise?
    05-05-2014 08:40 PM
    So it's an Asus Transformer that doesn't separate. How is this a surprise?
    That's what I was wondering about.
    Guess it's all comes down to the price (yet unannounced).
    05-06-2014 03:39 AM