Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mynameis
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Factory reset and backing up

Hey guys and gals,

I was thinking about factory resetting my Moto X because I don't think my battery is as completely awesome as it was when I first got it and I have heard of people doing it every so often. But you're supposed to back your phone up, right? Or would I just have to redownload everything? If I do have to back it up, what would I use to do so?

Thanks guys

Blake

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    31,607 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Factory reset and backing up

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    Hey guys and gals,

I was thinking about factory resetting my Moto X because I don't think my battery is as completely awesome as it was when I first got it and I have heard of people doing it every so often. But you're supposed to back your phone up, right? Or would I just have to redownload everything? If I do have to back it up, what would I use to do so?

Thanks guys

Blake

I would back everything up that you don't want to take a chance of losing. Music, pictures, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

You can re-download the apps. It depends on how much you value your sms and photos. Photos and videos can be handled via cloud services eg Dropbox or Google+ I'd recommend Google+ for this for Web browser access to photos and storage constraints of Dropbox. Contacts should be handled through a Google account as it's integral to an android device. Use the people app. If there's another contact app. Look for the export option then look for the import option in the people app.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I would back everything up that you don't want to take a chance of losing. Music, pictures, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Right. But what would I be using to back up my phone? Like what program I guess. I know with iPhones you can back it up to iTunes. But not sure what to use for android.

Global Posts
    31,607 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    Right. But what would I be using to back up my phone? Like what program I guess. I know with iPhones you can back it up to iTunes. But not sure what to use for android.

As for me, with photos and such, I just plug into my PC drag and drop. Apps will be restored by Google, the app data is another question. Some apps will restore it once you sign back in some won't (mainly games)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Cool, thanks a lot guys. Got some good advice. Can always count on you guys!

Golfdriver97 likes this.