what mobile operating system is winning?

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Android since I'm pretty sure it has the largest market share in the world, and the platform itself has made great strides with each update that has released.
iOS has gotten pretty stale and they could afford to put more effort into it, not to mention Market share wise I don't believe it has nearly as much as Android does world wide, although I think it's top dog in the US.

Windows Phone 8 has pitiful market share, and I think it didn't gain anything last quarter. It's hard to say if WP8 will fix that.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Depends how we quantify "winning". as far as number of phones out there? Android. As far as revenue? iOS. We have to keep In mind that a lot of android phones out there are probably junk phones that no one ever buys apps on or use that much.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Market share: Android
Revenue: Apple
Quality: Windows Phone
I don't want to search the numbers but I imagine if you add every Android Manufacturer's devices together they must be beating out iOS devices in revenue?
Also quality is subjective to the users needs, so it shouldn't really count. That being said it was a great OS when I had a 1520, buttery smooth and visually pleasing to look at.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to search the numbers but I imagine if you add every Android Manufacturer's devices together they must be beating out iOS devices in revenue?
Also quality is subjective to the users needs, so it shouldn't really count. That being said it was a great OS when I had a 1520, buttery smooth and visually pleasing to look at.

Android (The OS) doesn't generate any revenue. It's an ad service. Also, I feel Apple would still win due to the overpriced devices.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Android (The OS) doesn't generate any revenue. It's an ad service. Also, I feel Apple would still win due to the overpriced devices.
How are they overpriced? Iphones cost just as much as other flagships, or in the case of phablets like the Note 3 usually less.
Ipad's cost a lot but so do other 10 inch tablets.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
what mobile operating system is winning?

Mobile operating system marketshares in 2014
Android: 70% plus of installed base
iOS: 19,5% of installed base

On January 1, 2008, it was the other way around.
So iOS/Apple de facto managed to lose 50% marketshare in 6 years! While Android obviously royally overtook them and gained as much. There are now 3,5 times as many Android devices as there are iOS devices in the world.
Which would you say is winning? :cool:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek