will there always be texting or some form of it?

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm very confused by this question.
Of course, Carvings in Caves Letters Emails Text Facetime, its only going to get easier.

Its called Communication. It's only going to get better, until everyone realize they have no people skills.

You really think so

Posted via Android Central App

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Not really sure. I just don't want to see texting going away

Damn sure it's 'going away'.
Just like faxing, telegrams, fountain pens, feather pens, town criers, heralds, drum and smoke signals all went away.
Everything 'goes away' eventually.
Adapt or jump off a cliff.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Next step.... Telekinesis Texting. :p

Too cumbersome and complicated.
We need ? and will get ? telepathic communication.
No more schlepping around of devices, no more recharging. Messages will simply pop up in your head.

However, you will need to get permission to communicate and submit your communication for approval.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
OP If you don't explain soon, then you're having us on!
Good topic though.

Damn sure it's 'going away'.
Just like faxing, telegrams, fountain pens, feather pens, town criers, heralds, drum and smoke signals all went away.
Everything 'goes away' eventually.
Adapt or jump off a cliff.

@vsweety. LOL - that's a good post!
The history of communication in a sentence.

Will phone lines be replaced with wireless data eventually? Probably, sadly. Be good to hear an expert view. Personally I think we will turn against wireless data in the future when negative effects emerge.

Telepathic communication is really scary. I'll be in the ground by then - but maybe still annoying people :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
As someone on AC explained a few months ago, while there are phone signals there will be texting available - as text messages use the spare signal space in very small amounts and is why it is cheap.
Whether other messaging services become so popular that no one will read or send texts anymore.... actually I had thought that was happening already.

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
As someone on AC explained a few months ago, while there are phone signals there will be texting available - as text messages use the spare signal space in very small amounts and is why it is cheap.
Whether other messaging services become so popular that no one will read or send texts anymore.... actually I had thought that was happening already.

How so?

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Your posts are so short I think you're winding us up. Thanks for being so forthcoming. :(

I'm sorry I'm just kinda worried that I won't have a way to contact my friends and family. A lot of my family and friends live far away from me and the only way I can see them is to contact them online or text them. I'm just worried that ISP will block Snapchat, Facebook, and the social media that let's me communicate with my friends and family. I do appreciate everyone's post though. But I'm still worried.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You worry too much. :) Relax, enjoy life as it is and take things as they come. Otherwise, you're just going to drive yourself crazy with the endless what if scenarios. :(

This. You could worry for years... Then nothing happens... And all you did was cause yourself stress over nothing. It only hurts you.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

LightaDroid

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I cant believe this conversation has gone this far..
you will always be able to contact your friends and family.

So sit back and relax and enjoy the rollercoaster of life. lol

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I cant believe this conversation has gone this far..
you will always be able to contact your friends and family.

So sit back and relax and enjoy the rollercoaster of life. lol

Okie dokie. Does this mean there will always be a way? Besides letters that takes too long.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okie dokie. Does this mean there will always be a way? Besides letters that takes too long.

Your doing it right now to talk with us... Why would all this go away.. And how would it? Wouldn't make much sense :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry I'm just kinda worried that I won't have a way to contact my friends and family. A lot of my family and friends live far away from me and the only way I can see them is to contact them online or text them. I'm just worried that ISP will block Snapchat, Facebook, and the social media that let's me communicate with my friends and family. I do appreciate everyone's post though. But I'm still worried.

OK sorry. I can see where you're coming from now.
I'm only guessing on your particular situation though.
I hope you will have resources in time to get back to them if there is a situation, or they to you. Yes when the net isn't available or the service is withdrawn, texting is the only quick fall-back. There are far fewer internet cafe's / centres around me now than there were 2 years ago, except in libraries.

As most here think, and sorry if some of us were pessimistic, but texting will be around for a good few years yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge