Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I keep praising Hangouts, but......................................

I am constantly praising Google's Hangouts as in my opinion it is far superior to stuff used previously, ie messenger, skype and have found that whichever we use, phone, laptop or tablet, the sheer simplicity of it all, make it our favourite.

But, just in case I've missed anything, do you know of any of it's failings, if indeed it has any?
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: I keep praising Hangouts, but......................................

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher171 View Post
    I am constantly praising Google's Hangouts as in my opinion it is far superior to stuff used previously, ie messenger, skype and have found that whichever we use, phone, laptop or tablet, the sheer simplicity of it all, make it our favourite.

But, just in case I've missed anything, do you know of any of it's failings, if indeed it has any?
    Yes, Hangouts has a fundamental flaw: it's in Google's walled garden. I don't like walled gardens.

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

FB messenger works way better and looks better as well. But the IOS version of Hangouts looks greats! I dont understand Google at times. Let us have one app that actually makes us glad we got rid of the old one.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,023 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I don't like how when I select a photo from my gallery and hit share hangouts only let's me send it to one person. If I open hangouts then attach photo it works. Also half of my iPhone friends never get my messages.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    I don't like how when I select a photo from my gallery and hit share hangouts only let's me send it to one person. If I open hangouts then attach photo it works. Also half of my iPhone friends never get my messages.

The need to solidify features and remove all the animations and transitions in the app. FUNCTION should be the focus.
    Last edited by tdawg00; 05-03-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Hangouts is the only instant messaging program I use (if you don't count regular SMS), I just use it for Ingress related chat, so I can't compare it to others IM apps, but:

It's too easy to start a video call. There should be a way to disable video calls (perhaps on a per hangout basis) so you can't hit it accidentally, and also a confirmation that is what you want to do. I have found an app to block the button, but it shouldn't be needed.

I also think they should make it easier to turn off notifications for individual hangouts.

Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    half of my iPhone friends never get my messages.
    That wouldn't happen if you use either Telegram or Viber. Both free apps.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,023 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Yep use viber too....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk