Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default If someone gave you $1,500 to spend on Super Phones, would you buy both (any really) the M8 & S5?

These two are the most popular but any combination will do. Yes, even Apple.

I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S5 and soon I'll also have the Sony XPERIA Z2. Not showing, jus5 a sickness. The S5 is my 28th since 2009.

Anyways, I just wanted to see how loyal we all are.

SHIFT_pro s5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Default Re: If someone gave you $1,500 to spend on Super Phones, would you buy both (any really) the M8 & S5

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    These two are the most popular but any combination will do. Yes, even Apple.

I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S5 and soon I'll also have the Sony XPERIA Z2. Not showing, jus5 a sickness. The S5 is my 28th since 2009.

Anyways, I just wanted to see how loyal we all are.

SHIFT_pro s5
    Well i currently have the Note 3 & Nexus 5 and in two days the Xperia Z2.

However i am fed up with the gimmicks that is Samsung and i like something more focused. (Still really enjoy my Note 3 though :-P).

But as im breaking away from Samsung and have been since the Nexus 5 purchase, mine would be...

The Xperia Z2 & The Lg G3.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: If someone gave you $1,500 to spend on Super Phones, would you buy both (any really) the M8 & S5

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Well i currently have the Note 3 & Nexus 5 and in two days the Xperia Z2.

However i am fed up with the gimmicks that are Samsung and i prefer something more focused. (Still really enjoy my Note 3 though :-P).

But as im breaking away from Samsung and have been since the Nexus 5 purchase, mine would be...

The Xperia Z2 & The Lg G3.

I'm not loyal to any particular OEM (open to any that may meet my wants/needs). But I have grown very fond of Samsung's Note series for the large screen size and S-Pen. Also because they still have user-replaceable batteries (absolute must have for me!). I don't intend for it to be that way, it's just how it plays out for what I want/need.

So, if someone gave me $1500, I'd get the Note 3 now and if possible stash the rest for the Note 4 later (assuming it still has a user-replaceable battery).

I'd buy a Oneplus One, a Lumia 1520 and an iPhone 5s (likely used) with that.

I would buy 2 Nexus 5's and pocket the change. The N5 is more than I need right now, but I love pure android and timely updates. I think it gets to a point where 99.9% of all people don't need the best (subjective), they just want it. I think a lot of people just like the satisfaction of knowing they have the "best", even though in reality, their lives wouldn't improve much (if at all) by having the "latest and greatest". To me, the Nexus 5 is close enough to the latest and greatest to be completely satisfied with. But hey, if you have the money to throw away, go for it if it makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    The S5 is my 28th since 2009.
    28th cell phone since 2009? Must be nice to have unlimited resources. Even if I was filthy rich, I couldn't see myself having more than 2 phones a year. Then again, there was a time when I would try every linux distro out there, and other people would look at me strange. Now that I'm over 50, I've settled down a bit and just use what works. At least for 6 months to a year.

I might have to go with the Nexus 5 & Oneplus One.!!

And switch between the 2 every other day lol.
    My History of Phones.
    2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
    2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
    2014 - Google Nexus 5

Assuming you couldn't buy a cheap phone and pocket the money.

I would get a Moto X, Lumia 1020, and an HTC M8.
    Already have a Gnote 3, which I love but those 2 phones above I've shown interest in just not to the point of buying them. The M8 is only because I can't think of another phone I would want after those first 2.

Would probably get the G3 and Xperia Z2. Maybe the G Pro 2 if I wanted a phablet.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

I'd probably get the M8 (like I have) and then the Lumia 1520. I want to check out windows phone but don't have the desire to switch to it full time. Also, having that phone would be nice for vacations and trips. I could throw my sim in it, get a great camera and a nice big screen to play games/watch netflix on while I traveled. Sounds pretty great to me.