Droid Razr Maxx declining performance

rangerover61

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a Droid Razr Maxx just off contract with Verizon. Currently on a 1200 min. Alltel plan with unlimited data. Have 4 smartphones on plan, 2 of which are iPhone 4 phones without unlimited data. The other phone with unlimited data is a LG Lucid 4G. The Lucid just went out of contract as well. The iPhones have 15 months left on contract.

I have noticed a significant performance issue with both the Lucid and Razr phones. Both slow to a crawl at times. I am a heavy user of streaming pod-casts and audio books. Also use phone to keep up with my calendar and task list. I sync ACT 2012 with Deja Office using CompanionLink 6. Another program getting heavy use is YNAB, syncing in the cloud. The Droid is running 4.1.2

I have wiped reformatted the cache several times, seeing a slight boost in performance, but fading within a few hours of use.

Is this normal, and has the latest versions of my apps overtaxed my older Android OS and hardware?

I have been looking at upgrading to either the LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S5, or Droid Maxx to replace the Razr Maxx. My wife likes the Moto-X, so she would upgrade as well. In doing so, we would use the Edge purchase plan, losing our unlimited data. The two iPhones still on contract would continue on the new More Everything Plan. We would chose the 10 GB data package. The sales rep offered to allow a trade in for the two iphones into new iPhone 5 series. Drop in connection fee to $15 under the Edge plan would pay for the phones.

Will the new phones be blazing faster than our current phones, or just marginally faster?

Thanks for your input.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The new phones should be quite a bit faster. I had the razr maxx and am currently using the note 3. The Note 3 is faster for sure.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3