Samsung is shocking

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
TL; DR

I am guessing some shady stuff? Like majority of corporations?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
TL; DR

Nope. Not like most co operations. They ignore competitor patents and Samsung is one of the most corrupted companies the article also mentions

Posted via Android Central App

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I could care a less about their business ethics. If they design a phone that suits my needs and I enjoy they can do business however they see fit. Apple was ran by a cut throat business man named Steve Jobs and I doubt they are any better today.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I could care a less about their business ethics. If they design a phone that suits my needs and I enjoy they can do business however they see fit. Apple was ran by a cut throat business man named Steve Jobs and I doubt they are any better today.

So if people can ignore these things from Samsung why can't they do the same for Apples lawsuits.

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
So if people can ignore these things from Samsung why can't they do the same for Apples lawsuits.

I can ignore all of it. It's all stupid. They are billion dollar companies in court chicken pecking. Apple makes good phones.. Samsung makes good phones. Samsung just has a bigger screen to check out hot girls on the Chive app. Booyah!

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Patent law in this country is insane anyway. It's almost as bad as copyright law. Also, Vanity Fair is a rag. Let the corporations duke it out; I just want good devices.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If it is such a shady company , then why did apple buy from Samsung? At the heart of the iPhone and iPad is a Samsung built cpu.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
If it is such a shady company , then why did apple buy from Samsung? At the heart of the iPhone and iPad is a Samsung built cpu.

Probably because Samsung is a good supplier and Apple doesn't want to put all their eggs into one basket? Also it maybe Samsung built but it is Apple designed.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably because Samsung is a good supplier and Apple doesn't want to put all their eggs into one basket? Also it maybe Samsung built but it is Apple designed.

Of course apple designed it. But if apple was so anti Samsung, regardless of the cost and product, then they wouldn't be using Samsung built cpu. They are doing it probably because only Samsung can do the specs they need. But really there are a number of chip makers that they can choose, if not supporting Samsung on any level was their number one priority. Which it obviously isn't.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Not like most co operations. They ignore competitor patents and Samsung is one of the most corrupted companies the article also mentions

How is that not kind of what I said? I was basically saying they are bad and do bad things.. Like all companies that have to much money :p.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Interesting read.

Remember, this is just Samsung. I'm sure there are at least a hundred multi billion dollar companies doing the same. Just didn't get caught.

Sad thing is, this won't stop people from buying Samsung products...

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Interesting read.

Remember, this is just Samsung. I'm sure there are at least a hundred multi billion dollar companies doing the same. Just didn't get caught.

Sad thing is, this won't stop people from buying Samsung products...

Yeah. That is unfortunate.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

So it is indeed as Almeuit said:

No company is perfect, those that have tried to be went under before they even started up. Don't tell me Samsung is worse as that is a invalid argument when all get up to shady business, the fact that we've accepted other company's shady dealings makes it all rather pointless, don't you think?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Real shady companies are those who put people's safety and health at major risk to please their shareholders. Where an occasional death, or outbreak is balanced out by accountants.
I don't know what it's like to work at Samsung plants, but in the great scheme of things, this is not going to *pierce my conscience.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Apple was in the news awhile ago for huge labor violations from their supplier... That's not bad?

Was that the report on Apple using a company who used underage "interns" in the production line in China?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Was that the report on Apple using a company who used underage "interns" in the production line in China?

There were a bunch a little while back... So I am just confused on how Chetan said they weren't in the news for bad things.