Samsung is shocking

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Aside from the cheap labor, apple apple skirting paying a lot of taxes. Completely legal I am sure, but imo they are avoiding paying taxes as much as legally possible.

Apple Pays No Tax on Much of Its Overseas Income, Senate Panel Finds - WSJ.com

I am not saying that others are innocent, they aren't. Just that Apple does what it can to legally take advantage of tax laws.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I would think a good business would be able to save money legally. If your paying taxes unnecessarily, you're doing something wrong. When you do your taxes, do you try not to pay so much taxes or try to get back as much as possible in a legal way? I know I would. That's not shady. But when business employees go as far as destroying documents by eating the evidence before agents make it in the building to raid the place for an investigation, that's shady as hell.

abazigal

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Not like most co operations. They ignore competitor patents and Samsung is one of the most corrupted companies the article also mentions

Posted via Android Central App

Basically the same as politicians. All of them are sure to have their own skeletons in the closets, no matter how clean they try to portray themselves.

Still doesn't stop people from taking a side though. :p

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would think a good business would be able to save money legally. If your paying taxes unnecessarily, you're doing something wrong. When you do your taxes, do you try not to pay so much taxes or try to get back as much as possible in a legal way? I know I would. That's not shady. But when business employees go as far as destroying documents by eating the evidence before agents make it in the building to raid the place for an investigation, that's shady as hell.

Personally I think that it is wrong (but not illegal) for a company to try to use loopholes to avoid paying taxes, defeating the intent of the law.

Samsung has absolutely done some shady stuff. But so has most other large corporations, including apple.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: Samsung as company a bunch of THIEVES

Apple and Samsung have clashed on a scale almost unprecedented in business history

Stopped reading, lol'd and closed that tab.

Article is clickbait, and you were hooked.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Personally I think that it is wrong (but not illegal) for a company to try to use loopholes to avoid paying taxes, defeating the intent of the law.

Samsung has absolutely done some shady stuff. But so has most other large corporations, including apple.

I am sure that you use every legal deduction when you file your taxes, and these companies are doing the same thing, so do you think that you are doing wrong (although legal)?
I believe that one way to get companies to bring a lot of money back to the U.S. would be to reduce those ungodly corporate tax rates. It might even bring some manufacturing back to this country. The U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world, so why would companies have any incentive to have manufacturing here?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am sure that you use every legal deduction when you file your taxes, and these companies are doing the same thing, so do you think that you are doing wrong (although legal)?
I believe that one way to get companies to bring a lot of money back to the U.S. would be to reduce those ungodly corporate tax rates. It might even bring some manufacturing back to this country. The U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world, so why would companies have any incentive to have manufacturing here?

The point is apple didn't pay corporate taxes to any government on tens of billions of dollars through various loopholes.

I pay what I owe but I don't go out of my way to find loopholes.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
The point is apple didn't pay corporate taxes to any government on tens of billions of dollars through various loopholes.

I pay what I owe but I don't go out of my way to find loopholes.

I can almost guarantee that H&R Block, Hewitt Jackson, etc are experts at finding every single loophole to save or get back as much $. If there are well known loopholes, wouldn't you think the federal government would plug them? After all, the IRS process the files and see them every year.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have so much to say on this subject, but I get enough political discussion elsewhere in my life without adding it to this forum. :p