What phone should I get?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
@Jeff Denver I'd post a categorical reply, but I get the sense you're here to argue rather than actually resolve an issue, so I'll just say do what you want. :p

abastuba99

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Wow. I didn't realize this thread had 3 pages. :eek:
I got the M8 and it will be here tomorrow. I know this thread turned into more than what I started it for, but don't recommend phones to me anymore since I got one. :3.
Just keep on talking about all that other stuff though....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I didn't realize this thread had 3 pages. :eek:
I got the M8 and it will be here tomorrow. I know this thread turned into more than what I started it for, but don't recommend phones to me anymore since I got one. :3.
Just keep on talking about all that other stuff though....

Enjoy your M8! :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations on the m8!

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The sales of HTC smartphones are decreasing now, the market share of HTC is much less than that of Samsung and Apple, so i don't advice you buy HTC phone, you can try oneplus one , it's said to be very powerful. and the price is much cheaper than that of HTC M8.

Are you on mushrooms?

SENT FROM MY G-FLEX, BECAUSE SIZE MATTERS, BUT SO DOES FLEXability😁

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It has the track record of its manufacturer, for one. Speakers for two. And all the stuff we still don't really know about the OnePlus because despite the hype, all we have to go on are early production models with beta software in the hands of a few reviewers. I'm not saying the OnePlus One is bad, just that I'm not jumping on the hype train. Also, if your reason for not recommending the HTC One is low sales, how can you recommend the OnePlus One, which thus far has sales of zero?

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, no way I'm buying from some new startup operation from China regardless of specs or price

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
It has the track record of its manufacturer, for one.
Yeah, I got to experience HTC's track record up close and personal with the Rezound. Not impressed.

Speakers for two.
Oneplus has stereo speakers.

And all the stuff we still don't really know about the OnePlus because despite the hype, all we have to go on are early production models with beta software in the hands of a few reviewers.
I know...and it already looks better than the M8.

I'm not saying the OnePlus One is bad, just that I'm not jumping on the hype train. Also, if your reason for not recommending the HTC One is low sales, how can you recommend the OnePlus One, which thus far has sales of zero?
Because there is less risk...it is half the price.

The reviews have been consistently good on the OnePlus. Have not seen a bad one yet.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Samsun Galaxy S series and Nexus 5 best option

Those are the ying and yang of the current lineup of phones. Both incredibly powerful and capable phones, but on polar opposites of how to approach Android. And they also appear to be the two best choices (depending on where you lie on that scale)

Well, at least until the G3odzilla emerges from the depths in a couple of weeks. It may be pre-release hype, but that looks sick.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd completely disagree that those are the best options with the Oneplus One, the LG G3 and the Moto X out there. The GS5 has a pretty awful camera for a higher end phone and the GS5, after many years of people griping about their phones feeling like a Fisher Price toy, decided that adding a sheet of pleather would counter that. There are much better options.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Those are the ying and yang of the current lineup of phones. Both incredibly powerful and capable phones, but on polar opposites of how to approach Android. And they also appear to be the two best choices (depending on where you lie on that scale)

Well, at least until the G3odzilla emerges from the depths in a couple of weeks. It may be pre-release hype, but that looks sick.
A month ago, I would have agreed with you. But now...I think the G3 and One+1 knock the S5 out of top spot running.

The S5 has a lot of good (display, expandability, water resistance), but also a lot of bad (Touchwiz/bad UI, Camera, hardware home button, Case). The Nexus should not be ahead of these new phones in any area. Not only because it is older but because it is half the price. The Nexus 5 is my new bar for Flagship phones...to qualify as a flagship now IMO, you need to be better than the Nexus.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'd completely disagree that those are the best options with the Oneplus One, the LG G3 and the Moto X out there. The GS5 has a pretty awful camera for a higher end phone and the GS5, after many years of people griping about their phones feeling like a Fisher Price toy, decided that adding a sheet of pleather would counter that. There are much better options.

Your comment sounds too biased against Samsung to take seriously. OnePlus One isn't available yet, G3 has not even been announced yet and then the GS5 has been corroborated by several tech sites of having a good camera.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance