Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What phone should I get?

So you might be thinking that I just want to know what phone to get, but I already know. I just want to know if there are any new phones that are better.

So I am going to get the HTC one M8 soon, but was wondering if there are any better/newer phones I should get. I have the money to get a flagship phone BTW.

Default Re: What phone should I get?

The HTC M8 is a flagship phone. It is amazing. You can't go wrong with it

If you can afford the Z2 although presuming your in the states(you will have to import from Thailand). Then I can't rate this phone high enough.

Posted via Android Central App
    thatdennis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    If you can afford the Z2 although presuming your in the states(you will have to import from Thailand). Then I can't rate this phone high enough.

Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan, Canada, UK. The countries where the Z2 is released.

Wait Thailand? I hope you're not confusing Taiwan with Thailand. They are really distinct countries.

HTC is great.!!

There are a lot of really good devices out or coming out soon.
    Such as the Oneplus One and the LG G3
    But you cant go wrong with HTC One M8.
    My History of Phones.
    2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
    2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
    2014 - Google Nexus 5
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by abastuba99 View Post
    So you might be thinking that I just want to know what phone to get, but I already know. I just want to know if there are any new phones that are better.

So I am going to get the HTC one M8 soon, but was wondering if there are any better/newer phones I should get. I have the money to get a flagship phone BTW.
    Would rather have the One+1 myself. Has everything the M8 has and more (even stereo speakers). It will have better support to, and is half the price.

OnePlus One review: a $300 smartphone has never looked so good

I still think the Nexus 5 is better than the M8 as well. Nexus 5's camera is definitely better.

Quote Originally Posted by thatdennis View Post
    Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan, Canada, UK. The countries where the Z2 is released.

Wait Thailand? I hope you're not confusing Taiwan with Thailand. They are really distinct countries.
    Whoops yes I meant Taiwan lol was late and I.was shattered :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post

If the phone is needed now id recommend the Z2 also. You can order from Sony directly if you love in the USA.

Otherwise I'd wait to see what the G3 has to offer. Then decide on the M8 if it suits you.

Or buy 2 one plus ones in June lol

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

so far it seems that the best choices are

• Xperia Z2
    • One M8
    • to wait for the G3
    • Nexus 5

in that specific order, that's my opinion of course :P

You guys are really making me reconsider waiting on the Note 4. HTC has come a long way.

The HTC M8 is a great phone. Very good choice

Samsung galaxy s5 or note 3

Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Would rather have the One+1 myself. Has everything the M8 has and more (even stereo speakers). It will have better support to, and is half the price.

^ This!

Unless price is no object. Then I would wait for the Note 4.

Every one of them has the power and features you'll need. Pick the one that looks and feels the way you want, at the price you want to pay.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

HTC M8 is good.

The HTC one m8 is amazing,I'm really enjoying the phone.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    Every one of them has the power and features you'll need. Pick the one that looks and feels the way you want, at the price you want to pay.
    They don't all have the power and features I need. I need a good camera...Moto X and M8 can't give me that. I need vanilla Android...The M8 and S5 can't give me that.

They are not all equally capable. You will be compromising no matter which one you pick.

They don't all have the power and features I need. I need a good camera...Moto X and M8 can't give me that. I need vanilla Android...The M8 and S5 can't give me that.

They are not all equally capable. You will be compromising no matter which one you pick.
    Everyone phone has compromises unfortunately. There is no end all be all. All you can ask for is the best jack of all trades, master of none and for that you'll be looking at the M8, Moto X, S5, and Nexus 5.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM

And HTC is capable of making good cameras...the HTC Rezound had the best camera of it's generation (Galaxy Nexus/Droid Razr era). Even by today's standards the Rezound has a nice mid-range camera. It's Macro especially is still awesome. The M8's is just a huge letdown to me...photos look washed out and they are low res. It's not a flagship camera IMO.

HTC needs to abandon that clear pixel tech. It's not working. They need to go back to conventional cameras and maybe add OIS.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,153 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I still think the Nexus 5 is better than the M8 as well. Nexus 5's camera is definitely better.
    The stereo speakers on the One+ One don't sound as good. I don't know about you, but I haven't been to the future to know how good the support will be. You seem to be basing this on the assumption that because it's CM and some another start up company that support is going to be good. We just don't know yet. What we do know is that HTC (and Samsung and Moto to be fair) have been getting updates out quickly for a little while now. HTC is also being fairly transparent about the whole process as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    ^ This!

Unless price is no object. Then I would wait for the Note 4.
    Why not wait for the S6 then? Or Note 5? Or Nexus 6 (or whatever any of these will be called)?
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Everyone phone has compromises unfortunately. There is no end all be all. All you can ask for is the best jack of all trades, master of none and for that you'll be looking at the M8, Moto X, S5, and Nexus 5.
    Yep. That was my point. it is not just look and feel...there are lots of other variables still. The best phone depends on what you care about the most.

At this point I think the only area the M8 excels at right now is the case design. It still seems to have the best speakers too. It is not an awful phone, but it is definitely not worth the $600 or $700 retail price IMO.

He was talking to the OP of the thread since the OP created this and asked a question...

Also they are equally comparable depending on opinion... For most people any of those phones will be good.. Just depends on the person's needs. Just because your needs may be different doesn't mean you can tell him they aren't comparable.. It's opinions. No one can be wrong for their own opinion.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    The stereo speakers on the One+ One don't sound as good. I don't know about you, but I haven't been to the future to know how good the support will be. You seem to be basing this on the assumption that because it's CM and some another start up company that support is going to be good.
    It will be open. CM is not going to lock it down with a lot of crap like HTC and Samsung do. It is guaranteed to have broad community support because nerds love this phone. It will get love regardless of what CM does with it. It is a Nexus in all but name.

What we do know is that HTC (and Samsung and Moto to be fair) have been getting updates out quickly for a little while now. HTC is also being fairly transparent about the whole process as well.
    HTC made this same claim when the Rezound came out and completely screwed us over. We got One (1) major update, and that one was 6 months later than promised. I don't have a lot of faith in HTC when it comes to support.

Thats not to say they have not improved. Sense is less obnoxious than it used to be, Case design is great, they added a novel feature no one else had (Stereo), and they brought back SD. I give them credit for those things. It's not that the M8 is awful, it's just that their competition is THAT good now.

Why not wait for the S6 then? Or Note 5? Or Nexus 6 (or whatever any of these will be called)?
    Nexus 6 and new Note will not be here till October at least and maybe later. S6 will not be here before 2015.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Also they are equally comparable depending on opinion...
    I don't see how they are comparable if they depend on opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    For most people any of those phones will be good.. Just depends on the person's needs. Just because your needs may be different doesn't mean you can tell him they aren't comparable.. It's opinions. No one can be wrong for their own opinion.
    I agree. That is evidence they are not comparable. In order for them to be comparable, everyone's needs would have to be the same. You will be compromising on something no matter which one you pick. There is no Android phone that is clearly better in every area right now.

So the best phone will depend on what you care about most. They are not all equal.

I don't see how they are comparable if they depend on opinion.
    Easy.. To some the S5,M8,etc. are on the same level so it doesn't matter which. I think they definitely are all on the same level and all are great phones.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast