Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JeffDenver
  • 1 Post By briodis
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default Why, Google!?

For those of you who doesn't know, here the link: Confusing Google Drive Update Gets Even More Confusing

What I can't understand is why Google has removed the editing features from Google Drive app. Well, I could understand it if the apps were still smoothly integrated into the GDrive, but they're not.

These experiments and vane attempts to compete with MS word are awful.

Default Re: Why, Google!?

Quote Originally Posted by eggantom View Post
    For those of you who doesn't know, here the link: Confusing Google Drive Update Gets Even More Confusing

What I can't understand is why Google has removed the editing features from Google Drive app. Well, I could understand it if the apps were still smoothly integrated into the GDrive, but they're not.

What? Its not to compete with MS word. Its to to create desperate apps for different services. Docs for editing documents, sheets for doing spreadsheets, and Google Drive is your storage app as always. At that this is OLD. This was done maybe 2-3 weeks ago?

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by eggantom View Post

Personally I kinda like this.

1 - It separates the viewing and editing environments. I am no longer accidentally editing stuff I just want to view (which, frankly, is most of the time) and I don't have a cursor or whatever staring me in the face.

2 - The UI looks better because it is not trying to do everything at once. Documents load faster and display smoother, and the editor is more feature rich and intuitive IMO.

3 - It will be easier to update, since (again) you don't have one app trying to do everything.

Using it just now, it does feel easier to me. Just my opinion. I have not used it in depth yet, so maybe I will hate it later.
    Thanked by:
    A895 
    A895 likes this.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I like being able to use Docs and Sheets in offline mode. Otherwise, try Kingsoft office or something if you don't want of need cloud facilities.

Sent from my IdeaTab A3000-H using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    A895 
    A895 likes this.

I tried something similar to Google Drive (which i even forgot the name already) and came t realizations that Drive isn't at all confusing (in comparison)

I don't access many docs and sheets from GD..... but I noticed the need for downloading the two new apps. It took all of 10-20 seconds. As for how well they are integeated, I just loaded up a doc and spreadsheet that I had stored up there and they loaded up pretty quickly and without much fuss.

What's the issue?

I dont like to open word/excel file from GDrive, even for only viewing i would download it first since it is actually alot faster and not lagging like when i try to view the file from drive