Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    Euroskank CM10

Default 4 Shared Doesn't Have Valid .apk Files Anymore. Alternatives?

I have used 4 Shared often in the past to download a paid app that didn't first offer a free trial in the market to see whether or not it was garbage or worth buying. I've been burnt on the 15 minute refund window before and just prefer to scope apps out this way. Besides 4 Shared, are there any other sites that do file sharing?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: 4 Shared Doesn't Have Valid .apk Files Anymore. Alternatives?

I get what your saying about trying an application out before buying it but in all fairness (and forum rules) we can't encourage or condone suggestions or links to 3rd party sites/forums that provide a paid application for free.

We have to be fair to our developers and make the best use of the 15 min return window on Google Play. If its a problem your continuing to have then you need to take it up with Google over the time limit and/or developers not refunding the cost.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Have to agree with Paul. They really can't allow that kind of stuff on here.

But I sympathize with the OP. The 15 minute window is completely unreasonable IMO. I say that as someone who has sold stuff on the Play store before. Many apps will not even become fully functional in that time (because they have to download additional data or whatever). It should be at least an hour, and I think the 24 hours they originally had was far better for all concerned.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Carrier
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I get what your saying about trying an application out before buying it but in all fairness (and forum rules) we can't encourage or condone suggestions or links to 3rd party sites/forums that provide a paid application for free.

We have to be fair to our developers and make the best use of the 15 min return window on Google Play. If its a problem your continuing to have then you need to take it up with Google over the time limit and/or developers not refunding the cost.
    I don't mean to come across defensive, but two things. 1) I've been an AC member for four years and have seen such discussion take place in the past, without censorship, and 2) I looked high and low for a forum rule that states talking about my aforementioned topic violates the AC membership terms. Now maybe I missed the rules discussion post. I'm also posting mobile, using the mobile site, and perhaps the rules exist on the desktop version only? I'm speculating. But I did my due diligence looking for a rule opposing my topic and found none.

@Murph5150, Please check your PM.

Thank you
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Carrier
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    @Murph5150, Please check your PM.

Thank you
    I'm a little embarrassed to admit I don't know how to check my private messages. Can you tell me how to access my PM's please?

Thanks!

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,829 Global Posts

You can access them on the AC forums website; the mobile version looks like this:

APK sharing and discussion of app usage, licensing, trials, and so forth are perfectly fine per se. Discussing means of obtaining or distributing APKs which intentionally circumvent licensing methods or feature restrictions regardless of your intent is not. It's on developers to enable app trials, and both devs and Google Play to offer refunds.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Carrier
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    You can access them on the AC forums website; the mobile version looks like this:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/pyrepugu.jpg

APK sharing and discussion of app usage, licensing, trials, and so forth are perfectly fine per se. Discussing means of obtaining or distributing APKs which intentionally circumvent licensing methods or feature restrictions regardless of your intent is not. It's on developers to enable app trials, and both devs and Google Play to offer refunds.
    My mobile version doesn't show a url like your mobile screen shot does.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,829 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    My mobile version doesn't show a url like your mobile screen shot does.
    Without a screenshot from you, I can't be of much more help. Here's what you're looking for on the desktop version:

Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

4 Shared Doesn't Have Valid .apk Files Anymore. Alternatives?
    I guess Google's lawyers came down on them like a ton of bricks.