Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sophia Zhao
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 2 Issue, help appreciated.

So to make this very long story short, I'll just say my Note 2 got run over by a car. When I got it back the screen was shattered badly (to the point where it looks white due to how many cracks there are) but the screen turned on. I saw that I had 14 missed calls (me trying to call it) and it showed the name saved on my contacts, my chosen background was still there and all that but I couldn't do anything, the broken screen gave me no access. Now when I press the power button the screen doesn't come on anymore, it remains black but the home and menu button light up. I can also remove the battery and place it back then turn the phone back on again but there is no sound and no color. Wondering if anyone can tell me if this is just a problem with the screen or if it could be worse? I can replace the screen myself if that's the only case but if it's worse than that, replacing the screen only would be useless.

Default Re: Galaxy Note 2 Issue, help appreciated.

You can check the other functions at first such as vibration, sounds and camera. If the touch panel didn't work, you can use a OTG cable to connect with a mouse when the screen on and control it to try the functions. Replacing screen can solve the most of the problems if your other functions are normal.
    Thanked by:
    FrankusDraconis likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was wondering though even if the screen is cracked beyond repair when I press the lock button would any form of light still appear? My screen remains black when I push the lock button but the menu and back button light up. At first when it was cracked to hell the screen lit up but it was distorted and discolored.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankusDraconis View Post
    I was wondering though even if the screen is cracked beyond repair when I press the lock button would any form of light still appear? My screen remains black when I push the lock button but the menu and back button light up. At first when it was cracked to hell the screen lit up but it was distorted and discolored.
    The best thing is to get a new one.that will solve everything also you can use this for experimental purpose.

Press THANK YOU and LIKE button if you gets the answer
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer