Chrome Sync Across Devices Problem

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
For the past couple days, I can't see open tabs of other devices in my history page in Chrome desktop. Chrome is up to date on my PC Windows 8 and all of my Android devices. On both of my Android devices, Chrome sync is on but when I go to see other devices, it gives me a message to sign into Chrome on my computer, which I already am. I've signed out and back in several times. I've looked at dashboard and everything looks good. Any ideas on what the issue could be? I'm out of ideas.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For the past couple days, I can't see open tabs of other devices in my history page in Chrome desktop. Chrome is up to date on my PC Windows 8 and all of my Android devices. On both of my Android devices, Chrome sync is on but when I go to see other devices, it gives me a message to sign into Chrome on my computer, which I already am. I've signed out and back in several times. I've looked at dashboard and everything looks good. Any ideas on what the issue could be? I'm out of ideas.

I had that message for a brief moment, then it showed everything. Are you using Chrome Beta for your devices?

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I had that message for a brief moment, then it showed everything. Are you using Chrome Beta for your devices?

No, just the normal Chrome browser. It almost seems like it's an account problem. I have a Windows 8 PC, a Windows 7 PC, a LG G Pad 8.3, and a HTC One M7. None of them show other device tabs even though they are all signed into and have sync enabled.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No, just the normal Chrome browser. It almost seems like it's an account problem. I have a Windows 8 PC, a Windows 7 PC, a LG G Pad 8.3, and a HTC One M7. None of them show other device tabs even though they are all signed into and have sync enabled.

Maybe a cache clear?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Logout of the account from the device then log back in. If there's no improvement then there could be an issue with the network. Just in case, reboot all connected devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for trying. I just noticed that in my google sync settings, the item "internet" isn't syncing. It says at the bottom that sync is experiencing problems... This is driving me crazy.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for trying. I just noticed that in my google sync settings, the item "internet" isn't syncing. It says at the bottom that sync is experiencing problems... This is driving me crazy.

That might be why there is issues. Have you forced a sync?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

swallowingled

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
I have been having the same issue!

Apparently Google knows about this, and is rolling out a server-side update!
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/i...tail?id=373424

"Those tab sync issues are likely caused by a server error we recently discovered. The fix is in the process of rolling out, and when it does that should resolve itself.

The tab sync issue is unrelated to the bookmarks though"

This link goes to a page that doesn't exist "The page you asked for does not exist."

I've been having the same tab syn issues though, for about a week now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol