Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kenorian
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Maxx successor???

I'm really torn here. I've had a Razr Maxx for the past 2 years and I've loved it, but it's time to upgrade. Is there any news from Motorola on a new 2014 lineup and a successor to the Droid Maxx? I made the mistake the first time around of not researching my purchase and buying the Razr Maxx just a couple months before Motorola released the Maxx HD and I don't want to make that mistake again. I'm not opposed to Samsung, HTC, or any other brand for that matter, I've just had such good luck with this phone, I'd preferably like to replace it with another Moto (and I don't want really to buy the Maxx if its successor is right around the corner). Any help would be appreciated!

Default Re: Droid Maxx successor???

Quote Originally Posted by EastwoodVFL View Post
    I'm really torn here. I've had a Razr Maxx for the past 2 years and I've loved it, but it's time to upgrade. Is there any news from Motorola on a new 2014 lineup and a successor to the Droid Maxx? I made the mistake the first time around of not researching my purchase and buying the Razr Maxx just a couple months before Motorola released the Maxx HD and I don't want to make that mistake again. I'm not opposed to Samsung, HTC, or any other brand for that matter, I've just had such good luck with this phone, I'd preferably like to replace it with another Moto (and I don't want really to buy the Maxx if its successor is right around the corner). Any help would be appreciated!
    You can get the Droid Maxx now. Or if you want toy can wait until August until Motorola has another device announcement.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

My guess is we will see Moto keep making cheaper handsets. They seem to be selling great for them! And I can see why.

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

I'm kind of in the same boat. Got the Maxx HD. Just installed KitKat, I've got it loaded with apps and tuned up. Will just hang back and see what's on deck in the next six months or so. I think I've finally gotten over the rush of having the latest and "greatest" (which will never last for long) and just enjoying something that works well for me - until there is a significant leap in technology. And, I do feel comfortable with Moto's hardware and Android implementation.
    Treo 650 => Treo 700P => BB Curve 8330 => VZW BB Bold 9650 => VZW BB Bold 9930 => Droid RAZR MAXX HD => Samsung Galaxy S5
    Thanked by:
    A895 
    A895 likes this.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by EastwoodVFL View Post
    Just friendly advice, stay away from Samsung. Both my Nexus and S4 could not get reception in areas Motorola could; all on Verizon. You'll regret going from a Motorola to a Samsung.

I'm likely going to upgrade to the LG G3 when it's due to hit stores in June. All updated, top if the line technology. There is still no confirmation if they will use 2GB or 3GB RAM, and as silly as it sounds, my next phone will require 3GB RAM even though I know the difference is nominal.

Samsung is great at trickery - Throw a bunch of beefed up specs in the phone and unique features like Air Gesture, but at the end of the day, who cares if reception sucks? I have thoroughly researched up and coming devices, and the Sony Xperia Z2 is very likely to end up with Verizon and maybe end up on other US carriers. But for now, the G3 is in my sights.

Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.

Quote Originally Posted by kenorian View Post
    I'm kind of in the same boat. Got the Maxx HD. Just installed KitKat, I've got it loaded with apps and tuned up. Will just hang back and see what's on deck in the next six months or so. I think I've finally gotten over the rush of having the latest and "greatest" (which will never last for long) and just enjoying something that works well for me - until there is a significant leap in technology. And, I do feel comfortable with Moto's hardware and Android implementation.
    You said it beautifully. I have a Razr M with KitKat and I am holding out until at least August-September to see what comes out next. I want another smaller device and a good smaller device (4.3-4.5 with high end internals) is not available on Verizon right now. There is the Moto X, which I will get, if the Moto X+1 is too big. Otherwise I am going to continue to use my Razr M.