Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By polocanada
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default App for automatic cleaning of specific folder contents (not rooted)

I'm looking for an app which I could set it and forget it and it would automatically clean specific folder in the user home folder. I have an app that is constantly download cashed images of pages it visits when used.

The app itself had no switch to turn these cashing off. It just hoards stuff in that folder.

I tried several cache cleaner apps and they don't see this folder. I have yet to come across simple app to allow me select a custom folder to clean. Ideally it would do it regularly or when phone is powered on.

I even tried "SD Maid" to set privileges on that folder - but I soon realized I won't be able to set read only permissions for that specific folder because the phone is not rooted.

I managed to hide these pics from gallery view (with StorageAnalyser) but I'm not able to find anything to regularly clean the folder the application creates to download it downloads the pics. It doesn't delete those pics when i browser web pages so the database grows.

It's pity Android doesn't self-police itself well and doesn't include any tools for managing storage and data usage. That's a major drawback I see compared to iOS even though Android is much more flexible.

So I'm still searching.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Re: App for automatic cleaning of specific folder contents (not rooted)

Nevermind, I resolved this by installing DROPBOXSYNC app which syncs that folder with a folder in Dropbox. That makes my life easier, I can manually delete the files in Dropbox and the app syncs back the deletions to phone's folder. Eventfully I will use Hazel on Mac to autoclean the folder in Dropbox.. So pretty much resolved.
    Hope this helps somebody.
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    8,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: App for automatic cleaning of specific folder contents (not rooted)

Thank you for popping back in and letting us know what you ended up going with. It surely will help someone searching the same issue in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app