Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vinnie_boombhats
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default HTC one m8 or Galaxy s5

I am going to be upgrading my device next month and I can't choose between the HTC one m8 or the galaxy s5. Anyone have any ideas for a tie breaker for me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Default Re: HTC one m8 or Galaxy s5

Quote Originally Posted by punkdixie View Post
    I am going to be upgrading my device next month and I can't choose between the HTC one m8 or the galaxy s5. Anyone have any ideas for a tie breaker for me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    What is your current device? It comes to your preferences. I maybe bias here but i prefer the super AMOLED display of the Samsung line up the colors are just popping as if it wants to punch you in the face. ) + S5 is water proof and has S Health etc. so if you're a very active person i say go for Samsung.

Global Posts
    9,186 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

Is up to your needs, make sure to checked them and play with them in the store and have in mind the pros and cons of both phones.

After that, it's about preference.
    If I could get an upgrade right now, I would go with the GS5.
    I have 2 kids, the camera on the GS5 should work like a charm. Plus water resistant! Can't beat that.

Sent From The Pegassus Galaxy With My GS4
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by punkdixie View Post
    Between those two, I would say the S5. Better camera, better display, removable battery, water resistant.

My real recommendation is neither. If you are not on Verizon, I'd say the One+1 or the Nexus 5. If you are on Verizon, I'd say the G2 or Moto X.
    Banned

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts

Totally agree with your real recommendation. Have owned both the S5 and M8 and they are just not the ones for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Between those two, I would say the S5. Better camera, better display, removable battery, water resistant.

My real recommendation is neither. If you are not on Verizon, I'd say the One+1 or the Nexus 5. If you are on Verizon, I'd say the G2 or Moto X.

Global Posts
    13,574 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

If possible, try getting some hands-on time with the two at the local carrier store and see which one feels and performs the best. The small time spent won't allow you to get an in-depth hands-on, but at least it'll give you an idea. Also, take a look at the features each device offers and see which one fits your needs and/or wants.

Let us know what you end up getting.

If you do choose the s5 ditch touch wiz ASAP!! I switched to nova launcher prime.. In stock Form the s5 is laggy as hell! I have been mostly happy with the s5....Although buyers remorse creeps up here and there
    Also the m8 is just too tall and I can't get over that black bar at the bottom... Just my 2 cents... Good luck

Sent from Portland Oregon using my Samsung galaxy s5 on Verizon

HTC One definitely. Samsung has really poor quality batteries, they are removable yes, but very very bad quality.
    HTC don't have removable battery, but at least you don't need to change it, since it's good quality. I'm using s4 and by now I have changed 4 times battery.... Not to mention the bugs I'm having on s4. HTC all the way.

Carrier
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Claw View Post
    HTC One definitely. Samsung has really poor quality batteries, they are removable yes, but very very bad quality.
    HTC don't have removable battery, but at least you don't need to change it, since it's good quality. I'm using s4 and by now I have changed 4 times battery.... Not to mention the bugs I'm having on s4. HTC all the way.
    That's not a Samsung defect. Samsung uses a lithium ion battery rather than the better lithium polymer battery. Batteries in general degrade well before you are upgrade eligible. My S4 had noticeable shortened life after about six months. No battery is immune to losing its effective charging capacity after a year which is why I'm still staunchly opposed to fixed batteries. For now, a removable battery is a characteristic I look for when phone shopping.

Posted via Android Central App

HTC is the way to go..
    I think Samsung is losing their touch.!

Posted from Google Nexus 5

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

I don't own either one. But if I was to pick one of them up now....I'd get the M8 hands down.

Carrier
    Euroskank CM10

M8 if a gun was held to my head, otherwise wait for the LG G3. Those are my plans.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

S5 level specs at half the price!

Banned

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Let George Washington decide for you.
    If it is heads, go with The HTC One.
    If it tails, go with HTC One.
    someguy01234 likes this.

Global Posts
    9,186 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Claw View Post
    My GS4 is my first Samsung phone ever. The battery is working just fine, it's the original, I don't have a spare and it's been with me for 11 months.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!