Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A laptop with a built-in smartphone

OK, once again my favorite topic of weird devices.

Today I'd like to show you this:
    Google Patents A Laptop With A Built-In Smartphone, Let The Chromebook And Android Speculation Begin

In short - Asus' Padphone with a non-detachable keyboard. Hooray, Google!
    Francly, even the concept of 2012 Lifebook from Fujitsu looks more interesting and ... em... innovative.

Maybe it's Google's vision of combining Chromebooks with Android? I don't know.

Default Re: A laptop with a built-in smartphone

Maybe just being proactive? Tablets have SIM cards and mobile data plans, more people are using 4G cards for their laptops to stay connected on the road.... I haven't looked, but are there laptops out there that take SIM cards? But it's just a simple progression from there to a having a phone-capable, large screen device.

I mean, I'd chance a guess that there are a fair number of people out there that wouldn't mind being able to take calls on their Tab 3 or Chromebook.....

Default Re: A laptop with a built-in smartphone

Yes, there are laptops that will accept SIM cards. Much of Dell's Latitude line (business-class laptops) has had SIM slots and a spot for the air card for 5-6 years, at least. Lenovo's X1 Carbon has a SIM slot also.