Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TgeekB
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 64gigs?!

Does anyone actually use all 64gigs?

I've always had a 32 gig and used most of it. But I haven't used all of it only with music but I always put the playlist that I synced up to on and off my device..

Does anyone use all 64 gigs besides pictures and music?

Posted from Google Nexus 5
    My History of Phones.
    2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
    2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
    2014 - Google Nexus 5

Global Posts
    2,650 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Default Re: 64gigs?!

Quote Originally Posted by LightaDroid View Post
    Does anyone actually use all 64gigs?
    I have. I still would were it possible.

I've always had a 32 gig and used most of it. But I haven't used all of it only with music but I always put the playlist that I synced up to on and off my device..Does anyone use all 64 gigs besides pictures and music?
    Comic library, eBooks, Videos...in addition to music and pictures. If I want to take video on my phone that will eat up space fast.

My BF used his Galaxy S3 to record his niece at her graduation, and it maxed out all his remaining storage after about 20 minutes. We solved the problem by getting him a new SD card, but that didn't help him at the time. I think people trivialize the need for storage space too much...there are real drawbacks to limited storage.

The cloud is a bandaid, not a solution. You can't access it all the time, especially inside buildings. Even when you can it is often slow...4G is not ubiquitous outside major cities.

You can easily hit it if you store HD movies to the phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I have 28 gigs of music... I regularly float around 72 gigs of my 77.8 gigs of available space.

Global Posts
    2,650 Global Posts
    ROM

I have a friend with a music library of almost 100 gigs...he has to pick and choose what he puts on his phone.

Doing that is a compromise. The only alternative is to buy a different brand. But compromises are never a good thing. The option to choose is better than nothing, but I would rather just have the space I want.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

There already are 128 GB Micro SD cards, people.
    Hopefully they're better than the 64 GB batch.
    However, under KitKat all Micro SD cards are next to useless because Google/Android have disabled user-selected write.

Global Posts
    2,650 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    There already are 128 GB Micro SD cards, people.
    Hopefully they're better than the 64 GB batch.
    However, under KitKat all Micro SD cards are next to useless because Google/Android have disabled user-selected write.
    Um...why would that make them useless? You can still store video and music on them, two things that take up a lot of space. I think that makes them incredibly useful. I wish I had that.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    You can easily hit it if you store HD movies to the phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    It's not necessary but I don't feel like converting my library.

Honestly at some point you have to compromise and deal with what you've got because even if I had the money and it was available I can easily fill 2TB. This is why I didn't buy the 128GB iPad Air LTE and settled for 64GB.

Global Posts
    2,650 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Honestly at some point you have to compromise and deal with what you've got because even if I had the money and it was available I can easily fill 2TB.
    Maybe. That does not mean compromise is a good thing.

Yes, Ideally I'd love to be able to carry around 2TB of data on my phone. Lets make it happen.

This is why I didn't buy the 128GB iPad Air LTE and settled for 64GB.
    You settled because Apple is charging you a fortune for memory. If the 128GB model was $5 more (as an example), I doubt you would have settled. Cost was the reason you settled, not because you would not prefer the extra space.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I use to be able to use all 32 gigs on my iPhone. But bow with syncing and Dropbox. I can't even get close to 32 gigs. I pit all the music I want for the week on my phone and if I want something else I take off what I have have on it. So for movies I only keep 2 on in case I'm somewhere where there is no service before of netflix

All I was saying is its pretty hard for me to use 32 gigs at this point in time.

Posted from Google Nexus 5
    My History of Phones.
    2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
    2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
    2014 - Google Nexus 5

Global Posts
    2,650 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by LightaDroid View Post
    I use to be able to use all 32 gigs on my iPhone. But bow with syncing and Dropbox. I can't even get close to 32 gigs.
    It must be awesome to live in an area where the cloud is as fast and reliable as local storage.

Sadly, neither me nor anyone else I know lives in such an area. And I suspect that is true for the vast majority of people out there. So until that changes, I think we need local storage.

I may be an exception (or the norm?), but I have a hard time using much of a 16GB device. Average about 1.5GB used on the internal storage and 3GB on the SD card (mainly backups and some music/pix).

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    I may be an exception (or the norm?), but I have a hard time using much of a 16GB device. Average about 1.5GB used on the internal storage and 3GB on the SD card (mainly backups and some music/pix).
    I'm with you. I have about 3 gigs of music on mine and that's a ton of music. I don't listen to music 24/7 so its good enough. Pictures are stored in Box. Works for me.

Posted via Android Central App
    Synycalwon likes this.