Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Custom ROM battery life variability

S'up guys.

I've got a Nexus 4 and found that the battery life on the stock ROM was pretty crap so I installed SlimKat and on average will get about 14 hours with average use.

Every now and then I have a day where it'll last for 24 hours or more (again with average use).

Take yesterday for example when I disconnected it from the main at about 5am, haven't charged it since and am now on 9%

What's up with that?

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Custom ROM battery life variability-8494.jpg  

Global Posts
    7,416 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Custom ROM battery life variability

Quote Originally Posted by leegreg81 View Post
    S'up guys.

I've got a Nexus 4 and found that the battery life on the stock ROM was pretty crap so I installed SlimKat and on average will get about 14 hours with average use.

Every now and then I have a day where it'll last for 24 hours or more (again with average use).

Take yesterday for example when I disconnected it from the main at about 5am, haven't charged it since and am now on 9%

What's up with that?

That's great! It may be due to the fact that 1. SlimKat has a custom Kernel built into the ROM and 2. SlimKat is lighter on resources then the stock ROM of the Nexus 4. Either way, that's a good thing.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Custom ROM battery life variability

It is indeed however it doesn't happen all the time but every now and then which is why I'm confused.