How much time do you spend customizing your phone?

Time Spent

• Total voters

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It's one of android's advantages but it can also be time consuming especially when you're forced to restore and start all over.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
What, like, regularly? Not much. When I get a new phone (or wipe an old one), it usually takes me an hour or two to get all set up how I like.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
It's one of android's advantages but it can also be time consuming especially when you're forced to restore and start all over.

Like Zorak a couple of hours with a new device. After that maybe 5 or 10 minutes a month, on average.
What's much more time consuming is my monthly backup regime: approx. 15 minutes. But soooo worth it!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Used to with custom roms, but I stick with stock now so not very much, especially since I don't use widgets.

I use Helium to back up apps data so it doesn't take long to set up a phone from scratch.

sent via tapatalk

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well before the Z2 & Nexus 5 I had (still retain) The Note 3 and I rooted & flashed roms and themes. This is very time consuming and can be addictive.

My Z2 took around the average 2hours to get it set up to my liking. I now spend little time tinkering as it's great, just a case of changing a theme now and again.

Posted via Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
That's what I missed not so much a PITA but it's addictive especially when you're analysis. LOL

I spent probably half an hour alone trying to get two HD Widgets to my liking I changed it over a dozens times.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras. " - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Spent wayyyyy too much time this weekend but now I feel like I have a brand new phone. : ). But that's the first time I've spent real time on it since I got it new several months ago.

And yes, I wish I didn't have to but what can you do.

Posted via Android Central App

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL...Since I seem to change homescreens A LOT, I tend to spend about an hour a day on different set ups. It's what I do and like to do. The rest of my Note3 is set up just the way i like it except for add/delete an app here or there, but for the most part it's just the way i like it....SMILE.

LightaDroid

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
With home screens? About an hour a week. Moving recent app around about 2 hours a week.

I do everything when I first get my phone like syncing and putting all my stuff on it..

Posted from Google Nexus 5

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hardly any time. Like @someguy I don't really use widgets except for a calendar homepage. I used them more on my smaller S2, but the Note 3 is quick and easy to navigate.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Need a choice D.... Constant.

I like to fiddle with tech... always have, always will. Ever since I got my first 486DX33, I've been up to my elbows in the inner workings of anything I get my hands on. I got my Nexus 5 in January and I think the only time I didn't go messing around with it was the week I was on vacation... and that was a) I was too busy and b) I didn't have my laptop handy in case I had to sideload or ADB it...

But then again, it's a hobby for me. I go into every little aspect to try to get it exactly the way I want... And it is reason #1 why I would be in technological hell if I got stuck with an iPhone.

LightaDroid

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Now that this has been up for a couple days. I've noticed that I'm customizing my phone about 20-40 minutes a day.
With home screens and downloading more apps and widgets.

God I have no life outside of android.. Lol

Posted from Google Nexus 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown