Htc one m8 Xperia z2 nexus 5

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the note looks the best of the lineup if I had to have a Samsung but the S line of phones all look very similar and making phones for the sake of it rather than trying for the best I'm sure that if they do take an interest in design they could probably actually make something good (May change with next one after change of designer at Samsung but probably not)

The psychology in brand and this is evident...

Like Apple now Samsung it seems can throw out anything and many will buy. I don't go solely for design however it is one that is high on the list of many other things. Ok maybe not many as then I would require a Samsung lol

Seriously I just want decent specs, understand that companies want to push their apps, Samsung is excessive and Sony is light in comparisons :)

A Decent Camera

Storage

I'm media focused so that's a must be it speakers, headphones and sound enhancement tech.

Little gimmicks are OK, like knock on/off, Camera tricks like AR just don't weigh it down.

Battery life must be decent.

Waterproofing and Dust resistant are great.

Things that work.

I was taught as a drummer that less is more.

And in some sense this is applicable here.

Other than that I'm not buying into excessive things like heartrate monitors or fingerprint readers.

Posted via Android Central App

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it does seem that people are buying it just coz of the Samsung name but like I said earlier if people actually spent a bit of time looking at what was available surely they would see the better devices out there it's lazy consumers more than anything

I can see how apple have become so popular the iphone is actually a great phone and very well made everything works really well and is very fluid and smooth to operate and it's simplicity is great I can see why people go for it. Buy it turn it on enter info download apps, but I thought android was more for people who took a bit of thought towards their device and this Samsung sheep mentality is hurting other companies especially htc who don't particularly have another division to fall back on if they make losses and the lack of apparent care/ passion towards what they produce especially with the galaxy s range angers me a bit really

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
But in other news I've had an email off the courier and my HTC one m8 will be delivered tmrw welcome back android god this phone is gonna seem tiny haha

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah keep looking at the Sony tho wondering if I've gone the wrong way but dunno if I'd be thinking the same had I gone Sony....

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Like neonworm mentioned spend some quality time with it but that 3.5mm jack is meant for headphones lol

Seriously though if you are unhappy with it which the only thing you may be disappointed with is the Camera in terms of comparing it to the Z2.

I happen to like both and was going to opt for the M8 but nano sim put me off.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Basically I've got an iPhone 4s n I wanna come back now the htc one m8 looks spot on love sense and build quality plus htc advantage looks interesting but the camera is a concern and was looking at potentials if the camera is that bad. I hate Samsung so that's out of the question (the android ***** phone-cheap build **** UI and just generally despise them) had Sony before enjoyed the phones but update roll out was poor and the nexus 5 having no micro sd means I'm limited to 32gb (I have a fair amount of music n wouldn't mind taking pictures) so basically I thought I'd ask in here for opinions
I always recommend that iPhone converts go to nexus devices first. If you are used to fast updates and stuff working natively well and fast and smooth UIs, there is nothing that will beat a Nexus in the Android world. If you are coming from an iPhone you will be used to no expandable storage or removable battery anyway. (The Nexus does support USB OTG though). Bonus: they are dirt cheap...you can literally buy the phone and a tablet for what it would cost for just the phone with the other options.

The Xperia Z's are nice alternatives. I would still rather have a Nexus myself.

I would pass on the m8...the camera is pretty bad by current flagship standards. It does have a nice case though and stereo speakers. I have owned HTC devices though and have come to despise Sense.

HTC vs Nexus 1.jpg

You should consider the Oneplus as well...very high end specs despite the price. I would consider the Oneplus before the Xperia Z or M8.

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Well with my returns policy in uk I can send it back but as soon as I connect to internet or use it to make a text I can't send it back so basically I can get it power it on n set it up n that's it no downloading, nothing...makes it kinda hard to decide anything although I can explore that camera

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Right well phone turned up today and it's a gorgeous device but I don't know if I like screen size feels massive in my hand plus I'm having problems connecting to wifi which is putting me off too dunno what to do

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Right well phone turned up today and it's a gorgeous device but I don't know if I like screen size feels massive in my hand plus I'm having problems connecting to wifi which is putting me off too dunno what to do

Hmmmm well if the Htc M8 feels massive then the Z2 is off the cards also lol

Hmm the moto x perhaps.

Can't think of many great androids now below the 5" mark.

The moto G perhaps but I'm guessing you would like a flagship device.

Or the Sony Compact range perhaps?

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah dunno if it's going from a 3.5 inch 4s to a 5 inch one m8 bit of a jump doing system update see if that solves wifi issues otherwise may be going back anyway

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Looked at the compact range but from my time with the xperia t Sony had a habit of sodding off the older devices all together update wise n just concentrating on flagship

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Starting to get used to it really didn't think I'd have to adapt to android again thought it'd be more comfortable n just feel right.....WiFi issue is annoying me tho but mobile network is strong enough to use the phone issue free :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Starting to get used to it really didn't think I'd have to adapt to android again thought it'd be more comfortable n just feel right.....WiFi issue is annoying me tho but mobile network is strong enough to use the phone issue free :)

The positives of that larger screen will outweigh the negatives. As for the wifi issue that would be enough for me to return Tbh.

The M8 does look like a really great device and build is superb. But the Z2 just edged it as it had 1 or two more features that were appealing and the Nano sim was the kill switch.

Enjoy though and hope that wifi issue gets resolved :)

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah can't return now have made my decision for better or worse.. although I can get it repaired under warranty n HTC are usually good with repairs

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah can't return now have made my decision for better or worse.. although I can get it repaired under warranty n HTC are usually good with repairs

In sickness & in health until death do you two part lol

Yeh enjoy the phone mate, off to a bad start but I'm sure it will get better lol

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I know all going well just installing all old apps n getting it up n running....I have ******* flappy bird again that for some reason I've reinstalled....

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know all going well just installing all old apps n getting it up n running....I have ******* flappy bird again that for some reason I've reinstalled....

Dam that flappy bird I was close to destroying my Note 3 until I went down the route of deletion lol

Don't live in regret though the M8 is a cracking device :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non