Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Htc one m8 Xperia z2 nexus 5

Basically I've got an iPhone 4s n I wanna come back now the htc one m8 looks spot on love sense and build quality plus htc advantage looks interesting but the camera is a concern and was looking at potentials if the camera is that bad. I hate Samsung so that's out of the question (the android ***** phone-cheap build **** UI and just generally despise them) had Sony before enjoyed the phones but update roll out was poor and the nexus 5 having no micro sd means I'm limited to 32gb (I have a fair amount of music n wouldn't mind taking pictures) so basically I thought I'd ask in here for opinions

Cheers

Default Re: Htc one m8 Xperia z2 nexus 5

Have you considered the upcoming LG G3?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah looked at g2 briefly as well but that odd back button thing and haven't looked into the UI those 3 were main consideration tbh
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

And just seen the g3 has 5.5 inch screen n I thought a 5 was gonna be big .....

Have you gone to your local carrier store and played with some of the devices? I would suggest doing that to get a feel for them.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yeah honestly it's the camera putting me off the one m8 right now have used previous One was just seeing if anyone had experience on here too coz it's 2yrs potentially with an on paper very poor camera possibly nexus 5 next then Sony but nexus 5 is older (still good specs tho) and Sony filled with bloat ware and don't know if the update roll out has been improved? (phone will be unlocked)

Quote Originally Posted by chris2707 View Post
    Yeah honestly it's the camera putting me off the one m8 right now have used previous One was just seeing if anyone had experience on here too coz it's 2yrs potentially with an on paper very poor camera possibly nexus 5 next then Sony but nexus 5 is older (still good specs tho) and Sony filled with bloat ware and don't know if the update roll out has been improved? (phone will be unlocked)
    So sounds like it's down to the Xperia Z2 or the Nexus 5.

I have both and like the Z2 alot better. that said the Nexus 5 is a great device and surprisingly takes great pictures and the performance is good (other than battery life.

I would opt for the Z2 but the choice is yours.

I have my money on you opting for the M8 lol

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yeah I know me too but the 4mp camera....sorry ultra pixel....4...

Yeah I know me too but the 4mp camera....sorry ultra pixel....4...
    From what I have read it's actually not that bad and some tech reviews are saying it's better than the 816 13mgp and the one mini 2.

But it wont be on par with the Z2.

Decisions Decisions lol

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yeah I've heard that read loads of reviews I hate getting a new phone always a choice....is picking a phone because it's god damn sexy a valid reason?

Yeah I've heard that read loads of reviews I hate getting a new phone always a choice....is picking a phone because it's god damn sexy a valid reason?
    Definitely. And I agree with that statement It is a beautiful phone.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yeah sod it think am gonna go with the m8 see how it is n if I don't like the camera go with the z2 I think loved htc phones my first android was the hero n I owned original desire and one x n been happy with all of them (apart from the antenna problems I had with my first one x that htc had to fix)

Yeah sod it think am gonna go with the m8 see how it is n if I don't like the camera go with the z2 I think loved htc phones my first android was the hero n I owned original desire and one x n been happy with all of them (apart from the antenna problems I had with my first one x that htc had to fix)
    Sounds good!

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

If camera is a big concern, I would definitely narrow down my choice to either the Z2 or Nexus 5. The camera in the HTC One M7 was horrible and on the M8 there's no OIS so that's another step back.

Personally I would choose the N5 as it is usually the first one to get the latest Android version.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

And totally missed the huge camera thread on here (searching before posting is a must in future) seems like the camera is getting decent reviews without winning any prizes but still more than capable. Can I now turn this thread to my hatred of samsungs and ask why they're raved about when apart from features people are hardly going to use it gets rave reviews....poor build cheap feel and looks awful and the same. Pretty much every other top end phones beat it? The iPhones of the android world?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Oh and touchwiz has to be one of the worst looking UIs ever.....

Oh and touchwiz has to be one of the worst looking UIs ever.....
    I don't mind the look as much as I mind the performance. The performance is usually not acceptable. At least in my experience.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I just don't get it! Seems like the simple persons android phone I mean do a bit if research there are plenty better phones out there

Samsung do produce some great products the Note 3 for example.

The S5 is another failure to implement that change of design in an enforcing way.

I got fed up with the lack of attention to detail and the rushed products.

The Note line seems to be one that they are not going overkill with variants. This then seems to be the product that gets the most time and thought. The S5 should of been given the same treatment.

Samsung did try to change TouchWiz and make the S5 great (but aesthetics much as,some will be in denial, design does count).

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Yeah the note looks the best of the lineup if I had to have a Samsung but the S line of phones all look very similar and making phones for the sake of it rather than trying for the best I'm sure that if they do take an interest in design they could probably actually make something good (May change with next one after change of designer at Samsung but probably not)

Yeah the note looks the best of the lineup if I had to have a Samsung but the S line of phones all look very similar and making phones for the sake of it rather than trying for the best I'm sure that if they do take an interest in design they could probably actually make something good (May change with next one after change of designer at Samsung but probably not)
    The psychology in brand and this is evident...

Like Apple now Samsung it seems can throw out anything and many will buy. I don't go solely for design however it is one that is high on the list of many other things. Ok maybe not many as then I would require a Samsung lol

Seriously I just want decent specs, understand that companies want to push their apps, Samsung is excessive and Sony is light in comparisons :-)

A Decent Camera

Storage

I'm media focused so that's a must be it speakers, headphones and sound enhancement tech.

Little gimmicks are OK, like knock on/off, Camera tricks like AR just don't weigh it down.

Battery life must be decent.

Waterproofing and Dust resistant are great.

Things that work.

I was taught as a drummer that less is more.

And in some sense this is applicable here.

Other than that I'm not buying into excessive things like heartrate monitors or fingerprint readers.

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Yeah it does seem that people are buying it just coz of the Samsung name but like I said earlier if people actually spent a bit of time looking at what was available surely they would see the better devices out there it's lazy consumers more than anything

I can see how apple have become so popular the iphone is actually a great phone and very well made everything works really well and is very fluid and smooth to operate and it's simplicity is great I can see why people go for it. Buy it turn it on enter info download apps, but I thought android was more for people who took a bit of thought towards their device and this Samsung sheep mentality is hurting other companies especially htc who don't particularly have another division to fall back on if they make losses and the lack of apparent care/ passion towards what they produce especially with the galaxy s range angers me a bit really
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

But in other news I've had an email off the courier and my HTC one m8 will be delivered tmrw welcome back android god this phone is gonna seem tiny haha

But in other news I've had an email off the courier and my HTC one m8 will be delivered tmrw welcome back android god this phone is gonna seem tiny haha
    Enjoy it
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Yeah keep looking at the Sony tho wondering if I've gone the wrong way but dunno if I'd be thinking the same had I gone Sony....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast