iCloud hack hold's iDevices hostage

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do in this instance is regain control of your iCloud account and then unlock your iPhone. The real issue is how are people getting into iCloud accounts, not iPhones being taken over. As the story lays out there could be many avenues through which this is occurring.

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
This is a great example of why a closed system is a bad thing.

How the iCloud "Hack" Holds iOS Devices Hostage

At least with an open system you would have work arounds. In a closed system there are no options...you just have to hope the vendor know what they're doing and can fix it.

Ok, so you android manager has initiated a lost phone feature (if there is one) that you did not request. In an "open system" what do you do?

This happened in geographically secluded area, and best explanation I've seen so far - the hackers got hold of the iCloud passwords thru phishing, most likely thru another website - this can and happens for all kinds of security breaches: online banks, emails, and other accounts. Lock out system worked as it was supposed to - initiated by someone who had the iCloud password, in this case somewhere the user screwed up.

I would worry about which ONE of the 15 BBM apps in the Google Play store is really BBM for example, remember that one?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So, what's interesting is this seems like a prank because the email they gave to the people to send money to doesn't even have a paypal account attached to it. So this just seems like high level trolling to me.

Also, they go their passwords because people are dumb and use the same password for everything and they phished it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol