Nexus 4 extreme Lag

nitin mathur

May 30, 2014
Visit site
My nexus 4 (using kitkat 4.4.2) from last few month is lagging a lot. The performance of my phone has even degraded in benchmark apps also. The phone remains normally at 38-40?c and if wifi or mobile data is used, the temp. reaches 49?c.
I did factory reset 3 times even switched from davlik to art but nothing helps. The lag is so much that I had to uninstall several graphic intensive games.
And another problem is my phone most of the times charges in usb mode from the wall charger. I have to plug in and out several time to make it charge in ac mode.
Some of the snapshots are attached with this.
Please help me !
u9ase8e4.jpg

ubu6ypug.jpg

y9a7etu8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

twin100

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The tweaks are available within the settings of all recent Android phones in a section called ?Developer options.?

This section might be hidden on some phones, but it?s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it?s currently hidden (for example, search ?enable developer options HTC One?).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an ?Advanced? subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it?s set to ?1x? by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to ?.5x? ? that?s it...restart your device

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
The tweaks are available within the settings of all recent Android phones in a section called ?Developer options.?

This section might be hidden on some phones, but it?s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it?s currently hidden (for example, search ?enable developer options HTC One?).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an ?Advanced? subsection:

Window animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it?s set to ?1x? by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to ?.5x? ? that?s it...restart your device

I'm wondering if kitkat did something with the animation times. I've seen this issue as well as this suggestion come up a lot across several forums since 4.4 arrived on more devices

nitin mathur

May 30, 2014
Visit site

Window animation scale

Animator animation scale

Changing animation speed is not the solution. My apps, games are lagging, animation speed would just make the fade in fade out effects faster.
And I am starting to believe that using too much features of developer options affects the hardware performance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol