Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where to buy unlocked phones

Hey all I was wondering if you could drop some knowledge my way. *I shattered the screen on my S4 which I had rooted and am going through the warranty process through square trade. *Looks like i'll get a check to buy another device. *I have Att but may switch to Tmobile at the end of the year. *So I want to buy an unlocked phone and was wondering where the best place to buy one might be? *I called Tmobile to see if I could buy their version of the S5 since the bootloader is unlocked and can be rooted much easier, the ATT version is locked down from what I have read. *But when I called a T-Mobile store they said they won't unlock it for 6 months even if I pay the full price. *I thought that was weird. *And half of the ones on ebay have bad esn's or imei #. *which can't be used on t mobile eventually. *I'm not set on that phone but I do like their hardware. *They have a play edition M8 out which is a possibility but no play s5 yet. *I hesitate to buy a nexus 5 because I really like removable storage and batteries since I use those features a lot. *Plus I would guess the nexus 6 to be out soon. *Xperia z2 is an option too but haven't held one yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    12,861 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Where to buy unlocked phones

Have you checked Amazon? I did a quick search and found a couple. Perhaps that's an alternative source for you to get that unlocked S5?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Where to buy unlocked phones

yea the problem with amazon was finding the correct model I needed which I believe is the sm-900t that has lte. Not sure if the standard international version has all the bands i need