Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Spencerdl
  • 1 Post By cgardnervt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fastest launcher for phone?

Hi guys. First off, im sorry if this is in the wrong forum but Im just here with a question. I have a T Mobile Prism II (made by huawei). It runs 4.11 and is a slow phone. Right out of the box it was laggy and slow. It is not some defect, I have read multiple times its just a slow phone. Most of it seems due to the stock launcher so im looking for an alternative. Do you guys know the launcher that is the fastest, most minimal and light there is? I dont care at all about things like customization (although I dont mind whether or whether not it has customization stuff), I just want the fastest and lightest possibe launcher. Thanks!

Default Re: Fastest launcher for phone?

Welcome to Android Central. I'm not sure which is the fastest, but Nova Prime is pretty fast.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Welcome to Android Central. I'm not sure which is the fastest, but Nova Prime is pretty fast.
    +1 to Spen! I use it all the time and I love it.
    Spencerdl likes this.

Apex is also pretty good! has more options on the free version too

sent from my Moto X <3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I also forgot to mention id prefer one that doesnt have any paid version and is completely free. so, nova and apex are the fastest? im just trying to get a very fast light one for an old phone, i dont mind customization stuff but they are not a concern either.

Quote Originally Posted by metalupyourmax View Post
    I also forgot to mention id prefer one that doesnt have any paid version and is completely free. so, nova and apex are the fastest?
    Well, Both are 'freemium' apps.... most of the basic stuff is in the free app, but there are a bunch of cool settings they tease you with that require paid.

That being said... Nova was my go-to back when i was stuck in the mire of Touchwiz. If you stay away from all the bells and whistles (animations and such, a lot of the paid-for stuff), it's fairly lightweight and responsive.

I have a faster phone, but with Smart Launcher Pro, there is zero delay. Plus, I'm happy with it for it's functionality and ease of use and clean design.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk