Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KitKat Update Notification

As you all may know, the KK update is being pushed out to various Motorola users. I have an unrooted RAZR MAXX HD. My noob question to you guys is about the update notification. My phone has apparently downloaded this new KK update but is waiting for me to install it. With all of the problems that have been arising from this update, I do NOT want to do it. An update banner appears every 12 hours asking me to install KK. I have the option to install or wait until later. Naturally, I always hit later.

Since I don't want this update, my question to you guys is ... how can I disable this notification? I'm afraid I will accidentally hit install (or someone else that uses my phone). I want it gone!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: KitKat Update Notification

Alrighty then .....

Default Re: KitKat Update Notification

Quote Originally Posted by FD3S View Post
    As you all may know, the KK update is being pushed out to various Motorola users. I have an unrooted RAZR MAXX HD. My noob question to you guys is about the update notification. My phone has apparently downloaded this new KK update but is waiting for me to install it. With all of the problems that have been arising from this update, I do NOT want to do it. An update banner appears every 12 hours asking me to install KK. I have the option to install or wait until later. Naturally, I always hit later.

Since I don't want this update, my question to you guys is ... how can I disable this notification? I'm afraid I will accidentally hit install (or someone else that uses my phone). I want it gone!
    I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can do. A bunch of people asked a while ago when it first came out and i never saw an answer for people who were not rooted. Sorry!