I'm trying to disable some apps with phone's app manager from not starting on phone boot but they
keep enabling themselves. Also other programs they execute and stop all the time according to the list of app manager and can't be disabled either. The same happens with startup managing apps.
What should i do to really disable em?
- 06-05-2014, 02:46 AM #2
Re: Startup items
There's no real startup manager on Android like there is on Windows--the apps that claim to do so don't really work, in my experience. It's also worth reviewing this article to understand how Android manages RAM--Android likes to keep apps open in RAM to allow for more efficient app opening and switching, so manually killing apps can be counterproductive when it comes to CPU and battery usage.
A number of system apps and most bloatware apps can be disabled, but not all of them. The ones that can't be disabled can be frozen (essentially the same thing) if you root your device. You can also delete unwanted system or bloatware apps that way, but be cautious--you can easily do something irreversible and render your device useless.
Are there any particular apps that are causing problems?
- 06-05-2014, 03:16 AM #4
Re: Startup items
Are those all preinstalled bloatware apps? What kind of phone do you have? I'm guessing it's not a mainstream phone in the US, if you have Mobogenie Markets preinstalled.
Do you want to keep using those apps, or do you want to disable them? Are there any you can't disable?
- By marios1441 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-02-2014, 03:27 AM
- By AndyReyes in forum Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3Replies: 0Last Post: 05-31-2014, 01:41 PM
- By creek4353 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 05-31-2014, 03:45 AM
- By Benjamin_NYC in forum HTC One M8Replies: 3Last Post: 05-30-2014, 04:32 PM
- By Tex_Norseman in forum Pebble SmartwatchesReplies: 0Last Post: 05-29-2014, 10:58 AM