Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Startup items

I'm trying to disable some apps with phone's app manager from not starting on phone boot but they
    keep enabling themselves. Also other programs they execute and stop all the time according to the list of app manager and can't be disabled either. The same happens with startup managing apps.
    What should i do to really disable em?

Default Re: Startup items

There's no real startup manager on Android like there is on Windows--the apps that claim to do so don't really work, in my experience. It's also worth reviewing this article to understand how Android manages RAM--Android likes to keep apps open in RAM to allow for more efficient app opening and switching, so manually killing apps can be counterproductive when it comes to CPU and battery usage.

A number of system apps and most bloatware apps can be disabled, but not all of them. The ones that can't be disabled can be frozen (essentially the same thing) if you root your device. You can also delete unwanted system or bloatware apps that way, but be cautious--you can easily do something irreversible and render your device useless.

Are there any particular apps that are causing problems?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    There's no real startup manager on Android like there is on Windows--the apps that claim to do so don't really work, in my experience. It's also worth reviewing this article to understand how Android manages RAM--Android likes to keep apps open in RAM to allow for more efficient app opening and switching, so manually killing apps can be counterproductive when it comes to CPU and battery usage.

A number of system apps and most bloatware apps can be disabled, but not all of them. The ones that can't be disabled can be frozen (essentially the same thing) if you root your device. You can also delete unwanted system or bloatware apps that way, but be cautious--you can easily do something irreversible and render your device useless.

Are there any particular apps that are causing problems?
    Yahoo Weather
    GO Backup
    Maxthon Browser
    Mobogiene Markets
    Bass Booster Pro
    Equalizer
    StayAwake
    Autorun for Skype

Are those all preinstalled bloatware apps? What kind of phone do you have? I'm guessing it's not a mainstream phone in the US, if you have Mobogenie Markets preinstalled.

Do you want to keep using those apps, or do you want to disable them? Are there any you can't disable?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are those all preinstalled bloatware apps? What kind of phone do you have? I'm guessing it's not a mainstream phone in the US, if you have Mobogenie Markets preinstalled.

Do you want to keep using those apps, or do you want to disable them? Are there any you can't disable?
    I'm using frequently those apps. All those i can't disabled em from been in memory. I want to enabled only
    when i start em myself.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by marios1441 View Post
    I'm using frequently those apps. All those i can't disabled em from been in memory. I want to enabled only
    when i start em myself.
    Are not preinstalled apps.
    Is not from US.
    I have Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 S7275R. All those are very good apps.