Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Is Google Play down right now?

Hi,

I've been trying to download some apps from Google Play for a good portion of the morning but keep getting error saying something like "Error downloading 'app name'".

It's not with just one app, it's any of them that I try to download.

I don't know if Google Play is being a problem right now for everybody or if one of the ad blockers that I've added to my phone is screwing things up.

I've uninstalled the ad blocker in case that was it, but still can't download any apps from Google Play.
    I've opened up the Google Play app but it says "no connection", again I'm not sure if maybe the ad blocker screwed something up.

I can use Opera mini browser and the web browser that came with the phone and go anywhere I like on the web but if I open up the Google Play app it tells me no connection and has a button to retry which just returns me back to no connection screen again. So, it's not like I can't connect to the web.

I'd rather not have to do a hard reset on the phone if I don't have to as I've finally gotten it exactly as I like it so...

Is anybody else experiencing this when trying to download any apps from Google Play this morning?

Global Posts
    18,977 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Is Google Play down right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Traijan View Post
    Hi,

I've been trying to download some apps from Google Play for a good portion of the morning but keep getting error saying something like "Error downloading 'app name'".

It's not with just one app, it's any of them that I try to download.

I don't know if Google Play is being a problem right now for everybody or if one of the ad blockers that I've added to my phone is screwing things up.

I've uninstalled the ad blocker in case that was it, but still can't download any apps from Google Play.
    I've opened up the Google Play app but it says "no connection", again I'm not sure if maybe the ad blocker screwed something up.

I can use Opera mini browser and the web browser that came with the phone and go anywhere I like on the web but if I open up the Google Play app it tells me no connection and has a button to retry which just returns me back to no connection screen again. So, it's not like I can't connect to the web.

I'd rather not have to do a hard reset on the phone if I don't have to as I've finally gotten it exactly as I like it so...

Is anybody else experiencing this when trying to download any apps from Google Play this morning?
    Play is working for me fine. Try this: Settings>Apps>menu>reset app preferences. Sometimes this helps with Play issues.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks but I've discovered something else. It works fine if I turn off my wifi and then uses the 3G network, but the moment I turn on the wifi in my phone again, it can't connect. So, it must be something got messed up with my phone. I'll try resetting the preferences but it's looking more likely that I'll have to do a reset if I want to use the store on the wifi.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Google Music was hiccuping on me. But its back to normal again it seems.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com