Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Former iphone users help!

I am pretty sure I am going to make the jump today from iPhone 5 to Galaxy s5. But before I do I waas just wondering if former longtime iphone users that made the switch would give me their input. Pros and Cons. Stuff like that. I do have lots of music in iTunes and almost all my family and friends have iPhones. Basically looking for better gmail experience and a larger screen. Also let me know if you think you will go back to iphone 6 and ios 8. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Former iphone users help!

when you switch - to help avoid any SMS/text issues -

3 parts -

1. make sure that you have turned off iMessage on your old iPhone.
    2. delete your old phone number and delete/unregister all old iPhone(s) from your Apple ID web profile at supportprofile.apple.c0m.
    3. make sure iPhone-using friends App Settings are set correctly. By default, sending as SMS is not selected in IOS 7. To enable this go into settings>messages>send as SMS. This will send messages as regular SMS messages when imessage isn't available.

Issues with texts after moving to Android from iPhone? Here's an easy fix! | Android Central

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD son! What what!

I'd do all that Gekko said! As for your music. Go ahead and download Google Play Music Manager on your computer with your iTunes/Music. Once you download it, run it and it should say something about importing music from iTunes into Google Play and to always do that when you add new music. I have an iPhone now but as soon as I get back home, I'm going BACK to Android. Your new device will store some of the some locally on your device through google music. Now if you don't want to use data to play your music you can just pop a SD card into your computer and copy it from your iTunes and place it on to the card then put the card back in your phone. You have options my friend.

You may have to mess with your MMS application if a lot of iPhone owners send you pic/video messages. (This is not the imessage issue as mentioned earlier) I just made the switch of iPhone 5 to Moto X and could not use the stock messaging app as pics would come in as videos and very blurry. Using hangouts as the texting app solved the issue. I miss some of the ease of iPhone but Google now, widgets, and customization is very nice. IOS 8 is definitely intriguing which is why I went with a slightly cheaper phone in case I want to go back. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,475 Global Posts

As far as music goes you can just download all the music you want from Itunes and then put them on a Micro SD card and put it in your phone
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by jebulls View Post
    I am pretty sure I am going to make the jump today from iPhone 5 to Galaxy s5. But before I do I waas just wondering if former longtime iphone users that made the switch would give me their input. Pros and Cons. Stuff like that. I do have lots of music in iTunes and almost all my family and friends have iPhones. Basically looking for better gmail experience and a larger screen. Also let me know if you think you will go back to iphone 6 and ios 8. Thanks in advance!
    The Galaxy S5 is not the phone I'd recommend if you are coming from the iPhone. It is going to have a lot of misc annoyances you will not like. I would have recommended the LG G3, Nexus 5, or Moto X instead. The G3 especially is better in every way. Touchwiz is not an improvement over vanilla android.

The Galaxy S5 does have great hardware, but so does the G3, and the G3 is even better in a lot of ways.

I went from a 4s to a nexus 4. I ended up selling it since the call/data reception was unpredictable, i could never use the phone the way it as intended to be used for development and getting around and using the phone was NOT intuitive to me the way iOS was. But it was smooth as faster than heck and the screen was gre4at. Since then iv'e switched to a unlocked moto x. I'd say on the intuitive scale between the iOS and Nexus id say its half way. Its not as fast as the nexus but it runs smooth and the moto platform seems stabler than the nexus.
    The "infraction"