OneDrive Folders

eggantom

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Guys, is there a way to download folders from OneDrive? The file manager I'm using (B1 File Manager) can do that, but I'm still struck that the OneDrive app doesn't allow me to do it. Or am I missing something?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Guys, is there a way to download folders from OneDrive? The file manager I'm using (B1 File Manager) can do that, but I'm still struck that the OneDrive app doesn't allow me to do it. Or am I missing something?

It seems you can not download folders with the OneDrive app. You can only select and download files to an appropriately named folder on your phone.

eggantom

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
It seems you can not download folders with the OneDrive app. You can only select and download files to an appropriately named folder on your phone.

So, I'm not mistaking. It seems that Microsoft takes it time to make updates, but they rarely introduce the most basic functions. Pity.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm not mistaking. It seems that Microsoft takes it time to make updates, but they rarely introduce the most basic functions. Pity.

There are many ways you can tell them about this. You can write a review on the Play Store for the OneDrive app, or even contact them via email.

eggantom

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm more than sure, that Microsoft knows what their app can and cannot do. But seriously, it's better to use a file manager that supports cloud storages than the official app, because third party apps have a better support for them. I kinda understand MS policy regarding some of these things. Maybe OneDrive app for WP8 works better than on Android. But so far it's better to stick to file managers and cloud aggregators than official apps. Don't you, guys, do the same thing?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm more than sure, that Microsoft knows what their app can and cannot do. But seriously, it's better to use a file manager that supports cloud storages than the official app, because third party apps have a better support for them. I kinda understand MS policy regarding some of these things. Maybe OneDrive app for WP8 works better than on Android. But so far it's better to stick to file managers and cloud aggregators than official apps. Don't you, guys, do the same thing?

I mix my usage between the official apps and ES File Explorer.

Sent from my AT&T One XL

eggantom

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I mix my usage between the official apps and ES File Explorer.

I had ES previously and, even though the functionality is good, I always hated how slow was the animation. The management process isn't that comfortable either. So I switched to B1 File Manager instead, because of it's quite simple, but effective interface. Guess it's a matter of taste. I'm not ready to completely dump the cloud storages official apps, but I'm getting towards it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech