Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fellow Android users, are you Mac, PC, chromebook, or something else users?

Just curious what kind of laptop/computer you guys use.

Me: Mac user here.

Default Re: Fellow Android users, are you Mac, PC, chromebook, or something else users?

Windows 8.1 laptop & desktop, as well as a Chromebook.

Global Posts
    3,825 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Default Re: Fellow Android users, are you Mac, PC, chromebook, or something else users?

Quote Originally Posted by icouldntpossiblycomment View Post
    Just curious what kind of laptop/computer you guys use.

Me: Mac user here.
    I have a Dell Latitude E6430s with Windows 7 Enterprise.

-i7-3520m, 16GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive

I run virtual computers on it and sometimes switch between Windows 7, 8.1, and Ubuntu.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

Banned

Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Only Windows PC.

I have a surface pro

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Windows 8.

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts

3 Windows 7 desktops, 1 Windows 8 desktop, Windows 8 laptop, and Windows Home Server 2011.

Used Macs for a while (iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro) then switched to Windows desktops and laptops since the GIS software I use isn't Mac compatible.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Windows 8.1, ChromeOS, and Fedora 20.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,635 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Very recently a Mac OS X user. Bought a rMBP 13" over the weekend 😀
    Still have Windows 7 on my desktop though.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCL View Post
    Run Windows and all its software – including GIS – on your Mac(s). Side by side on-screen with OSX if you want. Natively or in VMs. Can't do that* on Windows machines...

*unless you're a bonafide ICT geek
    Technically not my Macs since they were purchased by University/Department which won't allow me to modify anything. Was just easier and cheaper to get a Windows laptop.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Global Posts
    6,635 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Congratulations!
    If you install Windows 7 on that MBP too you could reclaim all that desktop space! :-D

- - - Updated - - -
    Nah. Boot Camp loses the OS X driver support, and Intel's default ones aren't great. Battery life also takes a big hit.

Maybe if I were to buy Parallels.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Nah. Boot Camp loses the OS X driver support, and Intel's default ones aren't great. Battery life also takes a big hit.

Maybe if I were to buy Parallels.

Does parallels have the same issues ?

Global Posts
    6,635 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
    Does parallels have the same issues ?
    No. It runs within OS X, so you still get the Apple drivers and keep the great battery life

Using OS X, Mavericks on my 2012 MBP.

Also run Win 7 on a self-built desktop that is now more of a file server but it can still run games.

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    ROM
    Creamed Glacier

Windows 7 & 8 laptops and desktops.

MacBook Air 13 user here.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Run Windows and all its software – including GIS – on your Mac(s). Side by side on-screen with OSX if you want. Natively or in VMs. Can't do that* on Windows machines...
    Have never had a reason to, since PC hardware is faster for the same price, and has a far larger software library. Peripherals are usually cheaper as well.

If I owned a Mac I would basically own a really expensive PC, since I would never have a reason to run the Mac OS.

Pc. Windows 7.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD son! What what!

Macbook Air & iPad mini: Home
    Windows PCs: Work

Global Posts
    3,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Windows for life.

just got a mac mini after my macbook died and I love it

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Windows 7.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

A Windows 8.1 desktop, I might get a Windows 8.1 laptop for the next semester. I used to have a Windows 7 laptop but I gave that to my Mom after I built my W8 desktop.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast