Feedly

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Is it under attack again today? The app is blank again just like it was yesterday morning though it worked earlier today.😤

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would assume so if it still isn't working.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it seems it's down for me too. It worked last night after it didn't all day yesterday. Between hackers, DDoS attacks and mass shootings, it is too much lately.

Posted via Android Central App

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Technology is great but sometimes I just want to give up. Get a landline and address book, a typewriter and a pile of stamps, and cut up my credit cards and just use cash! 😠

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Things broke in the old days, too. It was just different stuff that failed in different ways. We're so spoiled now getting everything everywhere instantly that we just notice the hiccups more.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Things broke in the old days, too. It was just different stuff that failed in different ways. We're so spoiled now getting everything everywhere instantly that we just notice the hiccups more.

Oh, please, Feedly is a major news reader popular with a lot of people. For it to be down during the weekday for a day and a half was major. Even Evernote was down that morning. At that it wasn't broken, hackers took them down.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, truly getting your news once a day in the paper was better. The radio was good, too. Or perhaps we should dispense with the half-measures and get back to the good old town crier.

My point isn't that it's not significant in the context of our modern lives when a service goes down, it's that even with the glitches things are far better with them than without. And besides, it isn't as if papers never failed to arrive. Though I never heard of a radio breaking. Hmm.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, truly getting your news once a day in the paper was better. The radio was good, too. Or perhaps we should dispense with the half-measures and get back to the good old town crier.

My point isn't that it's not significant in the context of our modern lives when a service goes down, it's that even with the glitches things are far better with them than without. And besides, it isn't as if papers never failed to arrive. Though I never heard of a radio breaking. Hmm.

I actually never got a paper delivered to my home. I used to watch the news on TV or look on the internet I'm in my early 20s though. I think the more we lament the past we forget how useful the future really can be. Just because it is tech oriented, Feedly being down was an inconvenience for some, I primarily was on a road trip during it's down time and I had to cycle through websites on my phone, which is less than ideal.

Maybe a first world problem, but a minor inconvenience is still an inconvenience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781