Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Be prepared to.. Lose reception or have a dropped call or two.

Solar Flares May Send 'Shockwave' To Earth On Friday The 13th
    It's said that if it hit us, communications could be temporary be interrupted.
    Thoughts?

Default Re: Be prepared to.. Lose reception or have a dropped call or two.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. I think many of us forget what is going on way up there in the outer atmosphere when it comes to solar flares and other happenings from our source of energy " the sun ". This happens more often than many realize.
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
    Cnorris92 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. I think many of us forget what is going on way up there in the outer atmosphere when it comes to solar flares and other happenings from our source of energy " the sun ". This happens more often than many realize.
    Thanks! and you're welcome! Yeah some people forget to realize that the sun can be dangerous and can cause some serious damage. Hopefully it doesn't take something bad to happen for people to realize that

You know.... crazy thing about this is... a really big flare, like the one that hit in 1859, would do some serious damage no-a-days. It would REALLY suck...

But this isn't a flare like that.... if something that big were going to hit, it'd be the only news item worldwide for a the day or so while we waited.