Currently have a Z ultra GPE. I am getting a little tired of the large size and I am looking for something smaller and planning to sell the Z before the price drops any further.
I am debating between a few phones.
1. Nexus 5: It's an easy choice. I got one through my work but I can only keep it a couple weeks. I have been using it a bit and it seems to generally run better than my Z Ultra and even though the screen is smaller things look nicer. Audio and reception seems better too.
2. One+ One: Looks really good on paper but heard some bad reviews on build quality. Also it may be a while before I can even get one. Also read about poor reception.
3. Find 7a: Looks really interesting. 5.5in is a better size. Has some nice features, price is good, camera is good. But doesn't have and rgb notification light (kind of a big deal) and I'd want to get rid of color OS and put CM on it. I am a little leery of buying that then needs to be modified since I have no back up phone if things go bad.
Any of these phones will be used on T-Mobile and must having working LTE.
Thoughts or other suggestions?
I am looking to spend under $500 more around 400 so I can pay for most of it with my Z Ultra sale.
Other option is just hold on to the Z even though it will depreciate further and wait for next Nexus phone or next generation of Android phones.
- 06-16-2014, 05:17 PM #2
- 06-16-2014, 06:47 PM #3
Re: Phone Suggestions
For your price range, the only real choices are the Nexus 5 or Oneplus.
The Oneplus is probably the better phone all around and will probably get updates longer. But it's not going to be available to the masses till late summer IMO (so like August). If you can't wait that long, get the Nexus 5. The Nexus 5 is still a great phone IMO, even by current standards.
The Moto X is awesome, but is not going to be able to compete on specs. Camera and CPU will be noticeably worse on some applications, and the camera is definitely worse. The display is worse too, though 720p doesn't suck. It will probably get lots of support though, from both Moto and the community in general, since it is a popular phone. It is also the only phone with true touch-free control now...The nexus can emulate it, but it's really not the same (and I say that as a nexus owner).
Re: Phone Suggestions
Went ahead and got a White Nexus 5 16gb with my 6 month Google Shopping Express trial. Surprisingly the Play Store is out of stock but shopping express was not.
One+ looked tempting but too many unknowns and I find their marketing annoying.
- 06-18-2014, 12:59 AM #5
- By JacksonEdwardHarrison in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 5Last Post: 06-24-2014, 02:56 AM
- By vishalprajapati in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 01:32 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-16-2014, 11:20 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 09:42 AM
- By ayoubx01 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 09:36 AM