Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Go launcher

Hello, I couldn't find a topic about this so I made one myself. I am asking you for your opinion on go launcher. It seems quite popular with a lot of people having it downloaded. I also tried it for a couple of hours before uniinstalling it. I am not sure if I want to keep it. It does look great and work flawlessly but I have to additional download and install some basic widgets like calendar. I also noticed that it has a separate store for apps. Is that store save to use? Also all these apps that it offering that can boost my memory like the 360 cleaner and du booster - are they safe? I mean my Motorola works great for now and one shouldn't fix something that works. I am afraid they could tweak my phone in a bad manner. So what do you think about all this.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Go launcher

Well.... Go Launcher isn't a BAD launcher... but they monetize everything.... it is a launcher designed to have you buy a bunch of the stuff the Go team sells....Go Locker, Go Weather Premium, etc. I haven't heard of any malware inside any of their stuff, unless you consider them trying to sell you upgrades every step of the way as malware.

On a powerful phone with tons of available resources, it has a lot of cool transitions and animations... they did spend a lot of time and effort on the aesthetics. But in terms of 'free' launchers, it's kind of like Touchwiz in the sense that it's has a heavy footprint.... Launchers should really be there to launch things without putting a load on the system resources. If you load up with all the Go Launcher Add-ons, I would suspect you'd tie up a significant amount of memory JUST to have the launcher operate.
    Thanked by:
    Ivo-p