Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts

Default which is a better app store, amazon or google?

i am curious to know which app store is better in term of app security and performance. which app store is better in term of app evaluation (test for a malware, for example few months back there was a news of google apps that is also a bitcoin miner), app selection (i.e spam fake apps like when BBM was about to launch, in google play store, there were many fake BBM apps, so i wonder which app store is better in filtering these fake spam apps), app compatibility, and other criterias.

i give examples of google store because i have only use the google play.

any complaints of either store?

Thanks.

Default Re: which is a better app store, amazon or google?

I can't really speak to the security question, because I don't know how Amazon vets apps. I think the main advantages of the Amazon Appstore are the Free App of the Day (which can sometimes be a really good one that is normally fairly expensive to purchase), and the Amazon Coins that you can earn and use to buy more apps. A big disadvantage of the Amazon Appstore is the fact that their apps often lag far behind when it comes to updates. For example, if you had Angry Birds installed on one device from Google Play, and Angry Birds on another device installed from Amazon, you'll find that the one from Google Play gets updates much more quickly.
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

Amazon does not have the most apps. They also dont have apps that use Google play services. They have roughly 200k apps vs 1 million in Google play.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by gameson View Post
    i am curious to know which app store is better in term of app security and performance. which app store is better in term of app evaluation (test for a malware, for example few months back there was a news of google apps that is also a bitcoin miner), app selection (i.e spam fake apps like when BBM was about to launch, in google play store, there were many fake BBM apps, so i wonder which app store is better in filtering these fake spam apps), app compatibility, and other criterias.

i give examples of google store because i have only use the google play.

any complaints of either store?

Thanks.
    Never had any Malware from Google Play and been on there since 2009. Any app that spams ads is very very obvious if you look at the reviews. Reviewers are vicious about that stuff.

You don't have to pick and choose though...you can use both. I have used Amazon's store before but stopped because it seemed superfluous...IMO Google Play is better. Amazon is what you use if you have a device that can't use google services for some reason.

Google Play for its content and developer attention bar none. Amazon is Ok for basics and the free app of the day, but other than that it lags in app updates and is missing some newer and popular apps.

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app