Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By xchange
  • 2 Post By zorak950
  • 1 Post By mumfoau
  • 1 Post By LeoRex
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    xchange's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

    Default The new breed of launchers

    I'm a huge fan of Aviate because I think those kinds of launchers are how the UX of a Google device should have looked like ever since Google started adopting the current design philosophy you see now in all their apps and Google Now. But I've been a little bummed out that there's not more launchers like it because I suppose most launcher developers are loathe to let go of the old AOSP look. Happily I just stumbled across another entrant! There's another Aviate style launcher called Terrain currently available in the store (USA only right now but you could probably find the apk somewhere) in beta ☺

    I hope this is the start of more like them
    Thanked by:
    phonejunky likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

  3. #3  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    It is interesting how many custom launchers over the years have just been the AOSP launcher with more options and flair. It's good to see more offering genuinely unique user experiences. These days I'm perfectly content with the Google Now launcher, though.
    Thanked by 2:
    A895mumfoau 
    mumfoau and A895 like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    xchange's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by BK_NY_RAY View Post
    Is Nokia no longer with Microsoft?

    Posted via Android Central App
    if I'm not mistaken it's made by the division of nokia that wasn't part of the sale
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    xchange's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    looked into it, apparently there's no widget support which means no at a glance information cards, is that right?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Remember that Nokia also makes an Android phone, the Nokia X. Not sure if this launcher is from that phone.

    Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by xchange View Post
    looked into it, apparently there's no widget support which means no at a glance information cards, is that right?
    Oh, I'm not sure--haven't tried it myself ...
  8. #8  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    It is interesting how many custom launchers over the years have just been the AOSP launcher with more options and flair. It's good to see more offering genuinely unique user experiences. These days I'm perfectly content with the Google Now launcher, though.
    Same here!

    Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    I use Action Launcher Pro because MKBHD uses it 😶. But, I used Aviate for a while as well. I like Aviate as it looks fantastic. Action Launcher looks better for more wallpapers though. Nothing more annoying than have one nice wallpaper on the Aviate launcher and some other one on your lock screen so I have to dive into the settings and change the wallpaper from there.

    Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. #10  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    I have a samsung tab 3 t210r I purchased it 6 months ago. After a while I noticed that it started blinking whi l e charging and running hot also. It would go dead and wouldn't turn on unless left for a day or 2 on charge. Now its not coming on any at all I bought a battery and changed the port and replaced it and its still not working and is running hot. Please can I get any advise
  11. #11  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jhanelle Pitt View Post
    I have a samsung tab 3 t210r I purchased it 6 months ago. After a while I noticed that it started blinking whi l e charging and running hot also. It would go dead and wouldn't turn on unless left for a day or 2 on charge. Now its not coming on any at all I bought a battery and changed the port and replaced it and its still not working and is running hot. Please can I get any advise
    Welcome to Android Central! You're better off posting your question here: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
  12. #12  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I use Action Launcher Pro because MKBHD uses it 😶.
    Haha That guy is very influential! The wallpaper I'm now using is one that I see used on several of his reviews. haha

    Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mumfoau; 06-23-2014 at 04:32 AM.
    A895 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    Haha That guy is very influential! The wallpaper in now using is one that I see used on several of his reviews. haha

    Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
    It showed it off and it looked pretty cool so I wanted to try it out, Action Launcher is the only paid launcher I ever bought and I don't regret it. It is a very good launched.

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    It showed it off and it looked pretty cool so I wanted to try it out, Action Launcher is the only paid launcher I ever bought and I don't regret it. It is a very good launched.

    Posted via Android Central App
    The only reason I switched launchers was to get Google Now voice activated on the home screen with the Google Launcher!

    Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    With Xposed Framework you could get that with any launcher I saw a module for it earlier.

    Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2
  16. #16  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by Heights713 View Post
    With Xposed Framework you could get that with any launcher I saw a module for it earlier.

    Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2
    That requires root though right?

    Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Yes

    Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heights713 View Post
    Yes

    Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not averse to rooting but I'm currently not inclined to do so, though I have considered it, to flash a CM and run this thing with stock Android!

    Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mumfoau; 06-26-2014 at 02:13 PM.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    I'm not averse to rooting but I'm currently not included to do so, though I have considered it, to flash a CM and run this thing with stock Android!
    DO IT! The G2 would be quite happy chugging along with stock KitKat, or a custom ROM.... LG is one of the heavier software build outs, so if I were a betting man, and you like the Google Now launcher, I'd say you'd be pleased with the performance.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    DO IT! The G2 would be quite happy chugging along with stock KitKat, or a custom ROM.... LG is one of the heavier software build outs, so if I were a betting man, and you like the Google Now launcher, I'd say you'd be pleased with the performance.
    I'm leaning more towards it!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Im very dissapointed in that no tablet was introduced I am thru waiting on google I will look else where probably ipad

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnie 65 View Post
    Im very dissapointed in that no tablet was introduced I am thru waiting on google I will look else where probably ipad

    Posted via Android Central App
    Good... Have fun
    B. Diddy likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: The new breed of launchers

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnie 65 View Post
    Im very dissapointed in that no tablet was introduced I am thru waiting on google I will look else where probably ipad

    Posted via Android Central App
    You're gonna miss out! The rumors that are flying about the HTC "Volantis" (i.e., the possible Nexus 9) are fairly consistent, and make it look like a beast. The Nvidia K1 processor will likely be so fast, it'll create little wormholes nearby.

    Good things come to those who wait.
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    You're gonna miss out! The rumors that are flying about the HTC "Volantis" (i.e., the possible Nexus 9) are fairly consistent, and make it look like a beast. The Nvidia K1 processor will likely be so fast, it'll create little wormholes nearby.

    Good things come to those who wait.
    It's not even that, there are a bunch of good tablets on the market as is.... but to complain about the lack of new stuff then threaten to go to Apple? It's like complaining how hot it is is Boston in the summer then moving to Florida.
  25. #25  

    Default

    This Action Launcher Pro really is nice... And simple! Also essentially gives me knock off as well! Think I see why MKBHD likes this launcher so much! Lol

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by mumfoau; 06-26-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Chromecast is an annoying piece of crap.
    By I Can Be Your Hero in forum Google Chromecast
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 12:05 PM
  2. Anyone thinkin about getting the iPhone 6 ????
    By Davyo in forum Phone Wars
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 12:48 PM
  3. Both WiFi and Mobile data icones are on all the time (AT&T)
    By lordielordie in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 08:35 AM
  4. I don't like the calculator layout.
    By Roy Droid in forum HTC One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 12:11 AM
  5. Poetic: New Moto E Cases
    By glove4 in forum Moto E
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 11:47 PM

Posting Permissions