Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By en28so
  • 1 Post By en28so
  • 1 Post By blak8830
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    apex V 1.4.1

Default Any one here trying out Tmobile 7 days for free?

I just signed up for T-Mobile for the free 7 day trial of their network with a IPhone 5s(I would have preferred android but oh well). They do put a hold on your CC of $746 and will charge you $100 if you break the phone, but I want to see if their network really holds up over here in my area. I live right outside the city of San Antonio TX, but I'm not in a rural area either. Any one else giving this a shot?
    Galaxy S4
    rrballer11 likes this.

Default Re: Any one here trying out Tmobile 7 days for free?

Let us know how you like it! .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    apex V 1.4.1

I sure will. I think that T-Mobile is doing some great things, like not dinging your for using Pandora(which I use all day sometimes). I want to see if their network can give me the same great experience that Verizon has offered me. Currently I'm paying $132 for two lines with no text message plan, with one of the lines being grandfathered unlimited LTE. I know that at my job, Sprint users are always on 3G and can barely do anything on their phone, while I can watch YouTube videos (even HD) with no issues at LTE speeds. I'll see if T-Mobile can live up to my expectations. I also get LTE at my house, so I will keep ya'll posted.
    Galaxy S4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    apex V 1.4.1

Day one: At my house, calls work OK on T-mobile, but it will occasionally go between edge and LTE. Verizon will sometimes go from LTE to 3G too, but Verizon seems to have better speeds most of the time at my house. I live right outside the city, so that doesn't help. Driving to my wife's job, which is just inside the city, LTE on T-Mobile was better and once inside the city, LTE speeds were 20+ MBPS. Once I got to work, I tried it again, and it's not bad at all either. I have lost signal a couple of times, once inside my job, and once while at home. I have a friend at work that has T-Mobile. He told me that when he goes to a local lake here in Texas called Canyon Lake, which is in the suburbs, he has to call at least three times to get a call through. I have been there with Verizon with zero connection problems. It has been annoying to be using this Junks refurb iPhone 5s, because if I turn off the screen, sometimes it does not want to come on again. I'll update again later on, but T-mobile doesn't seem to be that bad, except when you start leaving the city limits, which I rarely do.
    Galaxy S4
    Almeuit likes this.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Nope. T-Mobile is still only 2G where I live in upstate New York.
    Besides which - I refuse to use an iphone.
    cgardnervt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blak8830 View Post
    Nope. T-Mobile is still only 2G where I live in upstate New York.
    Besides which - I refuse to use an iphone.
    While I agree and wouldn't like to use an iPhone.. If i wanted to test a carrier out and they'd let me use one for 7 days for $0 just to see their network... I'd do it. It's not like you have to take that phone... It's just to test the network out. I would of loved to do this when I tried Verizon for my area.. Instead my Verizon test cost me about 140 $ :/.

cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Nope! For GSM all we have is att. But with 2 lines and a work discount our 10 gig share plan cost us next to nothing! So we plan to stick it out with att contractless for now.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    While I agree and wouldn't like to use an iPhone.. If i wanted to test a carrier out and they'd let me use one for 7 days for $0 just to see their network... I'd do it. It's not like you have to take that phone... It's just to test the network out. I would of loved to do this when I tried Verizon for my area.. Instead my Verizon test cost me about 140 $ :/.

While I agree with you Almeuit but it would make a better business sense if they would allow people to do it with phones they are more comfy with. Half of what I do are app related. There for I don't wanna learn a new app or new UI while I'm testing out the network. Even if they did this with a lower end Android device like they are doing with Apple's iPhone....That would be ok too! 90% of what I can do can be done on a lower end device! :P

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    While I agree with you Almeuit but it would make a better business sense if they would allow people to do it with phones they are more comfy with. Half of what I do are app related. There for I don't wanna learn a new app or new UI while I'm testing out the network. Even if they did this with a lower end Android device like they are doing with Apple's iPhone....That would be ok too! 90% of what I can do can be done on a lower end device! :P
    True but they have a deal with Apple so that's just how it goes. I still say it's better regardless. You can learn a UI... Not sure if you used iPhone before but the apps are pretty much identical in function... Just different look sometimes. That's worth a 100% free trial.... I'd much rather of done than then pay Verizon regardless of me liking Android more..

Did they charge u anything after u signed up or they wait after the trail if you don't return it ???

Quote Originally Posted by itskameronsmith View Post
    Did they charge u anything after u signed up or they wait after the trail if you don't return it ???
    They out a 700 dollar plus tax hold on the credit card. A hold not charge... And then take the hold off after you return the phone on the 7th day.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    apex V 1.4.1

So after this test drive, I have to say that I'm not going anywhere. I saw few times that I would loose Tmobile service here and there while at my house and even at work. That never ever happens with Verizon. Since we only got cellphones in my household, a phone service that works 100% of the time is a MUST. I'm staying with Verizon. I also took a trip to AZ and I happened to have a Tmobile phone. There were some areas in the rural areas of the AZ mountains where Tmobile didn't even have service at all. The phone on Tmobile was mostly on 2G or edge, while VZ was on LTE about 80% of the trip and never lost signal for calling.
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by en28so View Post
    So after this test drive, I have to say that I'm not going anywhere. I saw few times that I would loose Tmobile service here and there while at my house and even at work. That never ever happens with Verizon. Since we only got cellphones in my household, a phone service that works 100% of the time is a MUST. I'm staying with Verizon. I also took a trip to AZ and I happened to have a Tmobile phone. There were some areas in the rural areas of the AZ mountains where Tmobile didn't even have service at all. The phone on Tmobile was mostly on 2G or edge, while VZ was on LTE about 80% of the trip and never lost signal for calling.
    Yeah if you travel T-Mobile is a really bad idea.