Aviate seems like it would work great on a yahoo phone

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Meg Whitman wants to take big steps and the release of aviate today seems like a nice Launcher for a yahoo phone. I wonder if this in the works. I bet if they released a moto G priced phone with Android store available it could be a successful option for yahoo. It's a nice interface for people who feel confused using Android, Imo. I've used plenty of different launchers and this is a nice one I think.

Posted via Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Everybody wants a phone now. Though a Yahoo Phone with Google Play Services would be cool.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Problem is ecosystem. The way I see it, even previously major players can't tap into the market with their own platforms - e.g. Blackberry, who has all but conceded the enterprise race to Android and (smartly) opened up BB to Android apps, and Nokia, who had to settle with Microsoft.

Unlike Amazon, I don't think Yahoo is in the position with its shareholders to make such a gamble. Also, I feel like entering the US market would be such a disaster for Yahoo. Look at Motorola. Even with Google's backing, the X has been a commercial flop. And they're conceding that the US market is tough and with the G succeeding in Latin America and elsewhere, they don't seem to be enthusiastic about the US market anymore.

I think Yahoo is doing a splendid job with apps - their Weather app is my go to and Aviate definitely looks like it will be a hit. And Yahoo Screen and Yahoo Sports have great interfaces. I hope Yahoo continues to build this segment and focuses on what it knows best right now. That seems to be a winning strategy and I feel like entering the smartphone market would cripple them for good.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers