Blackberry 10 Devices Releasing In Fall

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I know I am in the wrong site to be asking this question but If started this forum on CB the Blackberry users there will say they like them because they like anything with the BlackBerry brand logo.

So I am asking this one on a Android forum. What do you think of the new BlackBerry devices set to release this fall?

I personally think they are hideous and will only sell to BlackBerry hard core fans. I doubt these devices will make Android or iPhone users switch to BlackBerry. Here is the link to the CB article which includes pictures of all of them.

First official look at the BlackBerry Classic and BlackBerry Passport | CrackBerry.com

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never been a fan of BB so for me it's a no to liking them.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the Passport at all and the Classic is just for nostalgic purposes in my opinion.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the Passport at all and the Classic is just for nostalgic purposes in my opinion.

Yeah im not a fan of either of them. The Classic looks exactly like a Bold 9900 with a bigger screen.The passport looks like a 80's calculator lol. But when Samsung or Apple releases similar designs to older devices BB users scream and complain. A double standard if you ask me

Posted Via AT&T Galaxy Note 3

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The only Blackberry I've ever owned is generally acknowledged as one of the worst Blackberry devices ever: the Pearl Flip. In general, though, I think Blackberries are nice, and the new ones are actually quite powerful. Unfortunately, they were just too late to the modern smartphone party, and there's not enough to recommend them over the other mobile OSes to get the masses to switch. I just don't see them being the blockbuster they were again, but they may live on as a niche product.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Mee Too, I purchased my Note3 in Feb and relinquished my Z10 to the bowels from which it came.

I actually sold mine for $175 lol. The Note 3 is a much better device then anything BlackBerry currently has out and im sure the Note 4 will be a better device then the Classic and Passport

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think that they're solid devices. I'm not fond of the classic but the other two look to be of that premium build that, in my opinion, only Apple, Nokia and RIM have met. I would like to see Android get one of the really solid OEMs or for Google to create their own phone for this reason.

jeane09311

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Still have my z30 like the passport but the app gap and the updates to the apps is what stopping them from really being a force they have Amazon partnering up with them so well see its going to be a interesting few month for them as a company

Posted via Android Central App

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Those 2 devices are for a niche market. I have a feeling they will be overpriced. They need to sell their less expensive Z3 in large numbers.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think the classic is kind of interesting. But I like Google Services too much to use BlackBerry devices.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Generally speaking, I really like unique form factor phones, so the Passport intrigues me. If it ran Android, I might consider it, but BB10 is a non starter for me.

jefftam68

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I think the intent of the Passport phone is lost in its unusual shape. People are judging it by its looks and not its most interesting feature.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Those 2 devices are for a niche market. I have a feeling they will be overpriced. They need to sell their less expensive Z3 in large numbers.

Yes thats a big problem with BlackBerry phones they are overpriced for what they offer. Example of this is they are selling the Bold 9900 on shop blackberry for $400 which is way overpriced for a 3 year old phone

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
The Classic looks fine, it is a BB. The Passport looks absolutely horrible. Like stretched out picture of another device. That must be a joke.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking it out with Android for the time being! Only thing that MIGHT make me look twice is PALM WebOS (NOT craptastic HP WebOS!)....When or IF it ever made a come back! Not counting on it though! Long live Palm and the Palm Pre!!!! :D

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
The Classic looks fine, it is a BB. The Passport looks absolutely horrible. Like stretched out picture of another device. That must be a joke.

Yeah it looks exactly like the Bold 9900 with a larger screen. When Samsung and Apple release devices that look similar to an older device BlackBerry users call it not being innovative. But when BlackBerry does it they call the device beautiful SMH

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user